Chicken Alfredo Crock Pot – This delicious chicken alfredo in a slow cooker with chicken, pasta and alfredo sauce tastes way better than most restaurants and your family will love this!
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo FAQ
Can I Add Broccoli To This Recipe?
Yes, you can add it to make it a crockpot chicken alfredo with broccoli, firstly stir everything then add broccoli on the top just 25-30 minutes before everything is done and cook until both broccoli and pasta are tender.
What is the Substitute for heavy cream?
Heavy cream is my recommendation you can use half and half instead.
How To Thicken the Sauce?
Take out the chicken, make a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp. cornstarch and 1 tbsp. water) and pour into the sauce. This will thicken the sauce with the pasta starch and cheese.
The second option, you can add more cheese as per your liking and keep stirring until it melts and reaches your desired consistency.
What Type Of Chicken To Use?
You can use both frozen or raw chicken. If using raw chicken, check your chicken from around 2 hours. And if you are using frozen chicken breasts they will be fine under 3-4 hours on HIGH or 5 to 6 hours on LOW to reach 165 degrees F internal temperature.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo?
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 4 breasts )
- 1 pound rigatoni, uncooked
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cut into pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan (4 oz.)
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 - 4 hours on LOW or 2 hours on HIGH.
- Take out the chicken from the pot, shred it and return it to the slow cooker.
- Now add pasta and parmesan. Mix them well. Cover and cook for 30 minutes on HIGH or until pasta is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir few times. Top with extra parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 763Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 220mgSodium 872mgCarbohydrates 29gSugar 3gProtein 35g
Still Hungry! Try My Other Delicious Alfredo Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this recipe for chicken broccoli alfredo crock pot which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for crock pot chicken alfredo with cream cheese will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.