Chicken Milanese – This Chicken Milanese Recipe is a classic Italian dish made with chicken breast, parmesan cheese that is tender and juicy from inside and crunchy on the outside because of panko bread crumbs that is perfect for an easy weeknight meal.
What is Chicken Milanese?
The Milanesa aka Cotoletta Alla Milanese in Italian also known as ‘Milanga’ in Uruguay and Argentina, is a South American variation of an Italian dish where generic types of breaded meat fillet preparations are known as a Milanesa. I hope you remember Breaded Chicken Breast which I have shared yesterday!
A Milanesa consists of a thin slice of chicken, beef, veal, or sometimes pork. Each slice is seasoned with salt and other condiments like parsley and garlic to taste, dipped into beaten eggs then to the bread crumbs (or occasionally flour) and fried in oil, one at a time. chicken parmigiana is very similar to this.
How to Make Baked Chicken Milanese?
This is the baked version, check the recipe card below for the traditional fried version.
- Take a medium bowl, whisk 2 tbsp vinegar and olive oil, add basil, tomatoes, and onions; season with salt and pepper, toss all together. Set aside for at least 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450° degrees and place a large baking pan in the oven to get hot.
- Take two bowls, combine lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper in the first one and breadcrumbs and grated cheese in another.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts into cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- Firstly, dip cutlets into lemon/oil mixture, then into breadcrumbs (both sides).
- Spray the baking pan with cooking spray and place the chicken on the baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray on top.
- Bake chicken for about 15 minutes, turning once halfway through or until chicken is golden brown all over.
- Once done, remove from the oven and top with tomato arugula salad on top.
Chicken Milanese Calories:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 18g
- Protein: 25g
Can You Freeze Chicken Milanese?
Yes of course! Milanese Chicken is a perfect recipe to prepare in bulk and freeze for future use. You can also use it to make other dishes, like Chicken Parmesan.
Let the chicken cool, wrap them in plastic wrap, stack them in a Ziploc bag and freeze for 7 days or up to 3 months. When ready to eat, place the chicken in the fridge and thaw for a few hours. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (covered casserole dish will also do the job for you).
What to Serve With Chicken Cutlet Milanese?
Simply serve with a simple green salad on the side with lemon wedge and shaved Parmesan. You can also serve it with Spaghetti for Chicken Parmesan (check the recipe here).
Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 931Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 158mgSodium 2011mgCarbohydrates 37gSugar 4gProtein 58g
- Chicken Fricassee
- Chicken Noodle Soup Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
- Panko Breaded Chicken Breast
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this chicken breast milanese which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for easy chicken milanese will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.