Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo – This easy flavorful instant pot chicken fettuccine alfredo is a great one pot meal that is kid friendly and family approved dish can be enjoyed on those busy weeknights.
This recipe can be made under 20 minutes (including prep time) with simple ingredients that are already in your pantry consists of juicy shredded chicken breasts, fettuccine, cream, and parmesan cheese.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo – Important Tips
- I am using fettuccine, but you can use any shape of pasta like penne or spaghetti, etc.
- If you don’t have shredded parmesan in hand, use a regular block of parmesan, but make sure to grate it with Microplane so that it melts well.
- Avoid Pre Shredded parmesan because the sauce will become thin and not that creamy.
- Try to use heavy cream instead of whipping cream, using whipping cream will make your sauce too thinner, its simply because it has less fat content.
- Of course, you can use more parmesan cheese to adjust the thickness of your sauce if using whipping cream
- When you open the lid the sauce will look watery and thin, don’t worry as the sauce starts to cool down it will thicken.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of chicken to use for the best results?
I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can use any leftover rotisserie chicken.
How to reheat the leftover chicken alfredo?
Its very simple! Add a splash of milk and reheat in the microwave until warmed through.
How to make this instant pot chicken alfredo vegetarian?
Just skip the chicken and the chicken broth and use vegetable broth instead. The rest will be the same.
What can i substitute for the heavy cream?
If you don't want to use heavy cream for any reason, use whole milk instead and add cornflour, extra parmesan to thicken the sauce. To further reduce it in overall calories, use skimmed fat-free milk and corn starch.
Can I add shrimp to this recipe?
Absolutely! Cooking may vary depending upon the size of the shrimp. If using small shrimps, add them after cooking and steam cook them (lid on). For large shrimps, there's no change in the cooking time.
Can I add vegetables to this instant pot chicken fettuccine alfredo?
Yes, of course, add vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and carrots to make it extra heavy and complete meal.
Check Out These Alfredo Recipes:
Still Hungry! Try These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Easy Baked Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Chicken Alfredo With Shrimp Pasta
- Chicken Alfredo Slow Cooker
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this instant pot chicken fettuccine alfredo which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for chicken alfredo in instant pot will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.