Keto Salsa Chicken – This creamy low carb salsa chicken made in Instant Pot or crockpot slow cooker is a perfect low carb family dinner that is kids approved and can be cooked in no less than 30 minutes, served with cauli rice or sliced avocados.
Keto Salsa Chicken – Important Notes
Seasoning – I like to make my homemade taco seasoning that contains common spices like cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, etc. Any Mexican seasoning blend will work just fine or use any store-bought taco seasoning or fajita seasoning with no sugar and starch.
Salsa – Any store-bought tomato-based salsa with no sugar added will work fine
Chicken – You can use both chicken thighs and chicken breasts at your convenience, but I prefer thighs because they will be more flavorful with high-fat content. If you are using frozen chicken and don’t have time to thaw, then put the frozen chicken in the pressure cooker and cook for about 12-13 minutes.
Spice kick – Add cayenne pepper with a little chili powder for an extra kick
Make it bulk – You can simply double your recipe, dump in everything and cook as directed, but it will take 5-7 more minutes.
How to serve this low carb keto chicken salsa?
I like to serve it over broccoli, and cauliflower rice and top it with sliced avocado, guacamole, and a scoop of sour cream on the top.
Can I store this low carb salsa chicken?
Yes, you can pack the leftover salsa chicken in an air-tight container, freeze it for up to 3-4 months
Keto Salsa Chicken Slow cooker
- Put in everything as instructed below in the recipe card.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through
- Shred the cooked chicken and toss with the sauce and serve with sliced avocado.
- See the instant pot version below.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless skinless (or chicken breast)
- 3 tablespoon taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought or any Mexican blend)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa, tomato-based (no sugar added)
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the Instant Pot, season with salt, pepper, and seasoning.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and secure the lid. Cook on manual mode on HIGH for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, do a natural pressure release for 12-15 minutes. Release any remaining pressure and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender to make a smooth puree and pour it into the pot.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and put it back in the pot and toss well with the sauce.
- Serve with sliced avocados, over cauliflower rice, lettuce wraps, and top with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 204mgSodium 1031mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 39g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Mexican Chicken Soup
- Low Carb One Skillet French Onion Chicken
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Casserole
- Low Carb Greek Chicken Bowl
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto salsa verde chicken slow cooker that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb salsa chicken instant pot will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.