American / Main Course
These healthy low carb keto chicken tacos consist of tender shredded chicken which is juicy and full of flavors. This Mexican alternative keto chicken tacos with cheese shells made in a slow cooker or crockpot are enough to please a crowd.
Let’s get started
Easy Keto Chicken Tacos
– 2 pounds chicken breasts – 1 cup chicken broth – 1 lemon, juiced – 2 tablespoons taco seasoning – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 tablespoon onion, dried and minced – 1 tablespoon parsley, dried – 2 teaspoons dried dill weed – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper – 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and diced – 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
Place the raw chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker, add in seasonings, jalapeno, lemon juice, and chicken broth.
Secure the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 3-4 hours. Remove the chicken from the pot .
Shred and return to the slow cooker (also remove most of the liquid). Stir in the drained tomatoes and serve the chicken mixture in our homemade tacos.
– Put onions and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker and then add the chicken on top. – Add in all the seasonings and spices and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken will start to fall apart. – Remove chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks and put it back with the veggies (this will soak up all the moisture released during cooking). – Add cheese or other toppings when serving with tacos or tortillas.
– 1/2 cup coconut flour – 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese – 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt with parsley – 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese – 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
– Always use parchment paper when making the circles and make sure to flip over the paper before putting the cheese down. – If you don’t have the taco holder or you are a newbie and afraid that you may break the tacos, then, after you remove the shells from the baking sheet place them immediately over the edge of a bowl and they will bend on their own as they cool.