Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken – This best creamy crockpot Santa Fe chicken is loaded with flavorful juicy chicken bites with cheese, diced tomatoes, corn and seasonings perfect on those busy weeknights.
Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken – Tips And Tricks
Add some heat – For a spicier kick, try using diced jalapenos or a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Skip the chopping – If you’re short on time, use frozen corn and pre-chopped scallions.
Make it a fiesta – Serve your Santa Fe chicken over rice, quinoa, or tortillas. Top it with your favorite Tex-Mex fixings like avocado, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and chopped red onion.
Leftovers – This dish reheats beautifully, so save some for lunch the next day!
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken – Variations
Creamy Santa Fe Chicken – Add a block of cream cheese to the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking for a richer, creamier sauce.
Tacos – Pile your shredded chicken mixture onto warm tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Salad – Let the chicken cool, then shred it and toss it with chopped romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, and a vinaigrette dressing for a light and healthy meal.
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken – FAQs
What can I substitute for chicken?
No problem! Swap in ground turkey, beef, or even tofu for a vegetarian twist.
Can I use other beans?
Sure! Pinto beans, kidney beans, or even a mix of beans work great.
Can I make this dairy-free?
Absolutely! Omit the cream cheese, or use a dairy-free alternative like vegan cream cheese or coconut milk.
How can I thicken the sauce?
If your sauce is a bit too thin, stir in a cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water) during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained)
- 2 (10 ounces) cans tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper and salt
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken at the bottom. Then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken with two forks and place it back to the pot, stir well.
- Serve immediately over rice or warm tortillas and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 51mgSodium 453mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 24g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.