Burger Quesadillas – This easy smashed cheeseburger quesadilla is sure to change your taste buds with the juicy satisfaction of a warm burger, melty cheese-filled tortilla, infused with Tex-Mex flavors.
Cheeseburger Quesadillas – Tips
Toast your tortillas for extra crispy goodness – Brush them with melted butter or olive oil before placing them on the pan.
Don’t overstuff your quesadilla – It will be harder to cook evenly and might burst open. Aim for a thin layer of each ingredient.
Shred your cheese for better melting and avoid pre-shredded cheese with anti-caking agents that can affect texture.
Get creative with toppings – Add caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, jalapeños, avocado slices, or your favorite burger fixings.
Use a quesadilla maker or a large skillet to ensure even cooking and prevent the tortilla from tearing.
Spicy Quesadilla – Add sriracha, chili flakes, or chopped jalapeños to the ground beef mixture for a kick of heat.
BBQ Bacon Quesadilla – Top your quesadilla with BBQ sauce, crispy bacon, and onion rings for a smoky and sweet twist.
California Quesadilla – Layer avocado slices, shredded lettuce, and pico de gallo for a fresh and flavorful California-inspired experience.
Breakfast Quesadilla – Use breakfast sausage patties, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese for a morning twist.
How to Serve this smash burger quesadilla?
- Slice your quesadilla into wedges and serve with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, mustard, ranch dressing, or salsa.
- Pair it with a side of fries, onion rings, or a refreshing salad for a complete meal.
- Elevate your presentation by drizzling your quesadilla with a homemade sauce like chimichurri or aioli.
Cheeseburger Quesadilla – FAQs
Is a burger quesadilla hard to make?
Not at all! It’s just a matter of layering your favorite burger ingredients into a tortilla and cooking it to golden perfection. Think of it as a simplified burger with a cheesy, tortilla twist.
What kind of cheese is best for a burger quesadilla?
Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Pepper Jack are classic choices but feel free to experiment with mozzarella, queso fresco, or even a blend for added flavor complexity.
Can I make a vegetarian or vegan burger quesadilla?
Absolutely! Swap the ground beef for black beans, lentils, or a plant-based burger patty. Use vegan cheese and dairy-free sour cream for a completely plant-based option.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 street taco size tortillas
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a mixing bowl, add ranch dressing, salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Divide the cheese and cover evenly into all the tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, place the tortillas and cook until the cheese is melted and golden brown for about two minutes on each side.
- Remove the set aside in the oven to keep them warm till we make the burger patties.
- In a bowl, add ground beef, salt and black pepper. Combine well and make 4 patties.
- In the same skillet, cook the patties over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the patty on the quesadilla and top each patty with ranch sauce, pico de gallo, 2 slices of cooked bacon, 2 slices of pepper jack cheese, and shredded lettuce.
- Pair your burger quesadilla with a side salad, fries, or onion rings for a complete meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1011Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 138mgSodium 1609mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 5gSugar 2gProtein 47g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.