Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole – This low carb chicken enchiladas casserole is very delicious with no extra carbs made with homemade enchilada sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, cauliflower and other seasonings perfect for a quick dinner.
This low carb chicken enchilada casserole with cauliflower has only 5 grams of net carbs that you can serve alongside any of your favorite salad to have a complete meal.
What Type of Chicken to Use?
It is highly recommended to use shredded chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken. But here’s how you can make homemade rotisserie chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place them on parchment paper and a sheet pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches165 degrees (use a meat thermometer).
- Remove the chicken and shred with forks.
How to Make Homemade Keto Enchilada Sauce?
The sauce is the key ingredient in this keto green chile chicken enchiladas recipe. Without sauce this recipe is nothing! So here’s how to make the homemade sauce (you can store this in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze up to 3 months). You can also purchase it here.
- 1 -1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dry chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp Mexican hot chili powder, to taste
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, once hot, add oil and garlic; sauté for 1 minute or until golden.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, hot chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered on low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
What to do with the leftover low carb chicken enchiladas with cream cheese?
Transfer to an airtight container and store the leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. When ready to eat, reheat in a 300°F oven on in the microwave on 50% power.
How to serve this keto diet chicken enchiladas?
You can serve this low carb chicken enchilada casserole recipe with Sauteed green beans, tomato salad, steamed or grilled broccoli or any vegetable side dish you like and top it with jalapenos, black olives or avocado.
How to Make Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole?
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Sweet And Sour Chicken
- Low Carb Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Low Carb Chicken Piccata with Artichokes
- One Pot Keto Sesame Chicken and Broccoli
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this low carb chicken enchilada casserole with cream cheese which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for keto chicken enchiladas with cream cheese will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.