Rotisserie Chicken Fajitas – This easy skillet rotisserie chicken fajitas is full of fresh flavors with pre-cooked rotisserie chicken that is perfect on busy weeknights and made in less than 20 minutes for your family dinner.
Why Rotisserie Chicken Fajitas Is Family Approved?
Quick & Easy – Skip the marinating and chopping – this dish can be under 30 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
Flavorful & Versatile – The smoky chicken, vibrant peppers, and Tex-Mex spices create a unique taste. Plus, endless customization options let you tailor it to your palate!
Leftover Magic – Leftover rotisserie chicken saves you extra money.
Tips And Tricks
Smoky – For an extra layer of flavor, add a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce to the pan while cooking the spices.
Leftovers – Leftover fajita fillings are amazing in salads, wraps, or quesadillas!
Get Grilling – Try grilling the chicken and veggies for an authentic fajita experience.
Shrimp or Steak Fajitas – Swap the chicken for shrimp or thinly sliced steak for a different protein source.
Vegetarian – Omit the chicken and use black beans or tofu crumbles for a meatless fiesta.
Sweet & Spicy – Add a touch of honey or brown sugar to the fajita mixture for a sweet and savory balance.
How to Serve this chicken fajitas with rotisserie chicken?
Fiesta Feast – Pair your fajitas with Mexican salad, rice and beans, and guacamole for a complete south-of-the-border feast.
Light & Easy – Keep it light with a side of roasted sweet potatoes or a simple green salad.
Rotisserie Chicken Fajitas – FAQs
Can I use other vegetables?
Absolutely! Try zucchini, mushrooms, or poblano peppers for a smoky kick.
What if I don’t have lime juice?
No worries, substitute with white vinegar or lemon juice.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Sure! Prepare the chicken and veggie mixture in advance and reheat when ready to serve.
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper (each)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 tortillas (corn, flour, or whole wheat)
Optional Toppings -
- Sliced avocado, chopped fresh tomatoes, shredded cheese, cilantro, salsa, and sour cream
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, once hot, add the onions and peppers and saute for about 5-7 minutes, until softened and slightly browned.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another minute.
- Add the shredded chicken and lime juice to the skillet. Toss to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes, until heated through.
- Warm your tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave. Pile on the chicken mixture, top with your favorite garnishes, fold the tortillas, eat immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 586Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 145mgSodium 961mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 38g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.