Slow Cooker Chicken Leg Quarters – This crockpot chicken leg quarters recipe consists of juice and crispy chicken legs served with potatoes or rice made with few ingredients, perfect for your entire family dinner.
Slow Cooker Chicken Leg Quarters – Tips
Don’t overcrowd the slow cooker – This can prevent even cooking.
Use bone-in chicken for extra flavor – The bones add depth and richness to the broth.
Add seasonings – Experiment with different herbs and spices to get your final taste liking.
Lemon – A squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar brightens up the flavors.
Thicken the sauce – If you like a thicker sauce, mix a cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water) into the juices after cooking.
Crockpot Chicken Leg Quarters – Variations
- BBQ Chicken – Add your favorite BBQ sauce to the slow cooker with the broth.
- Honey Garlic Chicken – Drizzle with honey and soy sauce before cooking.
- Buffalo Chicken – Toss with buffalo sauce after shredding.
- Lemon Herb Chicken – Add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, and lemon slices to the slow cooker.
How to Serve This Crockpot Chicken Leg Quarters?
- Serve this slow cooker chicken leg quarters with potatoes with potatoes, rice, quinoa, or pasta.
- Add roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Pile on your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, or salsa.
Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters – FAQs
How do I know if the chicken is cooked through?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should reach 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
Can I use frozen chicken leg quarters?
Yes, just add an extra hour to the cooking time.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Absolutely! Cook the chicken as directed, then shred and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently before serving.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- ½ tbsp herb seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add the leg quarters to the slow cooker.
- Add in all the spices and mix to coat. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and place it in a broiler-safe baking dish.
- Add in all the juices from the slow cooker on top of the chicken and broil for about 5-7 minutes on high until the skin is crispy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 479Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 328mgSodium 930mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 62g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.