Keto Caprese Chicken – This low carb caprese chicken made in one pan is loaded with Italian flavors of mozzarella, balsamic glaze, juicy chicken breasts, and fresh tomatoes, perfect for weeknight dinner with just 4 net carbs!
What is Chicken Caprese?
The word Caprese originated in Capri and it means “salad of Capri”. A small island off the coast of Italy. This traditional Italian salad dish is made up of tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, mozzarella cheese, and balsamic vinegar.
Keto Caprese Chicken – Important Tips
Chicken – Use any boneless skinless chicken breasts as they will bake quickly and will take less time to perfectly cook. You can instead use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but make sure to pound them to even thickness for perfect cooking.
Balsamic Vinegar – All the sweet, salty, and acidic flavors you get is because of the Balsamic vinegar. You can make your own balsamic glaze or buy any from the local grocery store. However, you can skip the vinegar and use 1-2 tablespoons of pesto instead.
Seasonings – This is what makes this dish stands out with flavors when adding Italian herbs such as fresh basil and oregano.
Mozzarella – Use fresh high-quality mozzarella that will melt on top of the chicken for a delicious level of creamy taste and texture.
Can I store this keto balsamic caprese chicken?
Pack this low carb caprese chicken in a plastic or glass air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
Do not freeze as it will change the texture because of tomatoes, if you are making without using tomatoes then go ahead and freeze without any hesitation.
How to serve this low carb pesto caprese chicken casserole?
It is great served alongside spaghetti squash, air-fried vegetables, garden salad, summer squash, or mashed cauliflower.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or cooking wine
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar + more for drizzling
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, place the chicken and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter, once melted, add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside
- Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and bring the broth to a simmer.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and balsamic glaze.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, and fully coat with balsamic glaze. Add in the cherry tomatoes and top the chicken with the fresh mozzarella.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees F when checked with the meat thermometer.
- Top with additional balsamic glaze and fresh basil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 112mgSodium 581mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 36g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Low Carb Smothered Chicken Thighs
- Keto Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Low Carb Chinese Chicken Broccoli
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto caprese chicken that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb balsamic caprese chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.