Keto Chicken Stuffed Peppers – These low carb stuffed peppers with chicken is made in just 10 minutes of prep time and filled with creamy cheesy chicken mixture cream that you can make ahead and perfect on those busy weeknights.
Keto Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Important Tips
Chicken – Use any leftover rotisserie chicken or ground chicken. The frozen shredded chicken will also work.
Bell Pepper – Use any color of peppers as per your liking. You can either boil the peppers to make them more tender and softer or leave them as it is before putting them in the chicken mixture and baking. You can also char them on the flames of stove top gas for a nice smoky flavor.
Cheese – I am using cheddar, cream cheese, and Monterey Jack. You can substitute that with mozzarella instead. For a dairy-free option, omit the cheese or use a plant-based substitute.
Seasoning – Season everything with salsa, and some cumin, and for added heat, add minced jalapeno. You can also add half a can of drained diced tomatoes, extra onion, and seasoning with little sour cream and cream cheese to make it like salsa.
Variations – Add minced garlic cloves with a teaspoon of onion powder. For the Jalapeno, use diced green chiles. Cilantro or coriander leaves is the best for Mexican flavors, use parsley or basil instead.
Can I freeze or store these keto chicken stuffed peppers?
Yes! Cool them completely before freezing, cover them with foil and plastic wrap, and freeze. Thaw overnight in the fridge, and bake from frozen at 350 degrees F.
If you have any leftovers, pack them in an airtight container or wrap them with foil and store them in the fridge for 3 to 5 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees.
How to serve this low carb stuffed creamy chicken bell peppers?
These keto stuffed peppers with chicken serve great on the bed of shredded lettuce, riced cauliflower, and quinoa. Drizzle on an avocado salsa verde or fresh tomato salsa instead of shredded cheese.
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Monterey jack shredded (or mozzarella)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small minced jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Chopped coriander leaves and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half from the longer side, and remove the seeds and membrane.
- In a medium mixing bowl, Add shredded cooked chicken, jalapeno, cumin, cream cheese, cheddar, Monterey jack, salt, and salsa. Give it a good mix and combine well.
- Fill the chicken mixture into each half-sliced pepper. Cover with foil and place in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes
- Top with coriander and sour cream.
- Serve immediately on a bed of shredded lettuce or riced cauliflower.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 81mgSodium 617mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 18g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Smothered Chicken
- Low Carb Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Keto Chinese Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- Low Carb Crockpot Creamy Ranch Chicken
So,Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto stuffed peppers with ground chicken that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb stuffed peppers with chicken and cream cheese will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.