Keto Chinese Chicken And Broccoli – This low carb chinese chicken and broccoli are so flavorful and delicious made with juicy chicken and homemade sweet savory sauce made in 30 minutes with just 4g of net carbs served with cauliflower rice, or sautéed zucchini noodles.
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli – Important Tips
Sweetener – Use any brown sugar substitute, the best is the brown sugar substitute by Swerve with no bitter aftertaste.
Broccoli – When using frozen broccoli, thaw completely so that it does add up any extra water or moisture. Or, it’s always best to use fresh broccoli florets.
Soy sauce – You can use any low carb soy sauce, for gluten-free, substitute it with Liquid Aminos
Chicken – For these types of keto chinese recipes, always use boneless skinless chicken thighs for any extra fatty flavors and juicy chicken. Boneless skinless chicken breasts will also work. Avoid using bone-in chicken as it will not evenly soak up the sauce.
Xanthan Gum – Use thickeners like xanthan to thicken the sauce as per your liking, add a little at a time or it will overly thicken the sauce very fast. Add more liquid to thin out the sauce or as you prefer.
How to store this low carb chinese chicken and broccoli stir fry?
Pack the leftovers and store them in the refrigerator for 2 days, and reheat them for a quick lunch or dinner, but the broccoli bite will not be the same. In a freezer-friendly bag, store the remaining chicken and broccoli. Squeeze any extra air out and freeze for up to 3 months. The texture of the broccoli will change after being frozen.
How to serve this keto chinese chicken and broccoli?
It’s great to serve with steamed rice, cauliflower rice, or lightly sautéed zucchini noodles.
Keto Chinese Chicken And Broccoli (Low Carb)
This low carb keto chinese chicken and broccoli are so flavorful and delicious made with juicy chicken and homemade sweet savory sauce made in 30 minutes with just 4g of net carbs served with cauliflower rice, or sautéed zucchini noodles.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup liquid aminos (or low carb soy sauce)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame and olive oil.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the broccoli florets, place on the lid, and cook until the broccoli is halfway cooked.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Stir well.
- In a mixing bowl, add the brown sugar substitute, soy sauce, chicken broth, minced garlic, and garlic paste. Combine well.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the skillet over the chicken and broccoli. Toss to coat.
- Add xanthan gum to thicken the sauce as per your liking. Add a little at a time. Add more liquid if it's too thick.
- Let it cook for a few more minutes or until the chicken and broccoli have soaked enough sauce flavors. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 97mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 38g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.