Keto chicken fritters – This low carb keto chicken fritters is a tender and flavorful recipe that is juicy from the inside and crispy on the outside and takes just about 30 minutes for the easy keto-friendly weeknight meal.
Keto Chicken Fritters – Important Notes
- I am using mozzarella, but you can use any shredded cheese like provolone, cheddar, or gouda to hold the mixture together.
- For the seasonings, you can add dried oregano, smoked paprika, Italian mix, ground cumin, or any of your favorite seasonings like a taco or bagel seasoning.
- You can use ground chicken, chopped boneless skinless breast or thighs, or replace chicken with turkey.
- As a basil substitute, use sage. You can also add diced jalapeno to this recipe.
- After you have done making them in the skillet, put them in the Air Fryer at 320 degrees to keep the keto chicken cheese fritters warm and crunchy.
- I am using almond flour, you can use coconut flour instead. But, make sure to add more liquid or egg 1 more egg because coconut flour dries the batter.
Can I make this low carb chicken fritters ahead of time?
Yes, you can. Prepare the chicken mixture and refrigerate overnight, when you are ready to cook, make the fritters right away.
Can I store these keto ground chicken fritters?
Cook the fritters, let them cool down and place them in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 4-5 days. Only pack the fritters, don’t pack with any sort of dressing or side dishes. Add them just before serving.
Can I freeze these keto chicken mince fritters?
You can freeze them for up to 1 month. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat on a skillet over low heat or air fryer or oven just until hot.
Can I make them in the air fryer?
Yes, you can make the keto chicken fritters in an air fryer. Use a parchment sheet and make them at 350 degrees and keep checking on them until cooked.
How to serve these low carb keto cheesy chicken fritters?
You can serve them with roasted cauliflower or aubergines, with grilled veggies or green salad. You can also make a dipping like –sriracha/mayo dipping sauce or mayo and Frank’s buffalo sauce mix to add extra flavor.
- 1.5 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless (chopped into tiny pieces)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, more to fry
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper - or to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped chicken breasts, mozzarella, almond flour, eggs, chives, parsley, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix all together until well combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat (non-stick preferred). Add olive oil, once a little hot, add the chicken mixture with the help of a large spoon and transfer it to the pan, (you can also use your hand to do this process).
- Now slightly flatten the mixture with a spatula to create a fritter. Cook about 4 per batch.
- Fry on both sides, about 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Add more oil if required. Make sure to cook over medium-low temp, otherwise, they will quickly burn on the outside, and from the inside, it won't cook well.
- Done! Serve hot with your favorite dips like sriracha/mayo or Frank’s buffalo sauce.
The nutritional info is per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 124mgSodium 271mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 32g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Bourbon Chicken
- Creamy Low Carb Chicken Chowder Soup
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- Low Carb Chicken Spinach Florentine
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these keto chicken cheese fritters which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken cheese fritters will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.