Keto Chicken Pad Thai – This low carb chicken pad thai recipe is very easy and flavorful perfect for a keto weeknight meal, made with chicken or shrimp that tastes sweet, sour, and spicy at the same time, and can be ready in just 10 minutes.
Keto Chicken Pad Thai – Important Tips
- Bump up the spice level by adding 1 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You can use canned bean sprouts if fresh is not available, or else just omit them. Or use spiralized zucchini cut up into 1-2” long pieces and add them raw just before serving.
- Adding 2 tbs peanut butter will be great, or you can use peanut powder instead.
- For the brown sugar substitute use Sukrin Gold or swerve brown sugar substitute or add a pinch of molasses to your sweetener to lower the carb impact. or sub molasses with Splenda brown sugar blend.
- Add a healthy pinch of umami powder for a nice flavor.
- If fresh cilantro is not available use a pinch of dried cilantro.
Can I make this keto chicken peanut pad thai ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time, pack them in a sealed container and store them in the refrigerator for 6-7 days.
Can I freeze this low carb chicken pad thai?
Unfortunately, this does not freeze well. To quickly make this recipe, use canned or rotisserie chicken.
Keto Chicken Pad Thai (Low Carb)
This low carb keto chicken pad thai recipe is very easy and flavorful perfect for a keto weeknight meal, made with chicken or shrimp that tastes sweet, sour, and spicy at the same time, and can be ready in just 10 minutes.
- 1 package shirataki fettuccini noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (or low carb soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (or xylitol)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper), to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses (or swerve brown sugar)
- 2-3 tablespoons tamarind paste (or fresh lime juice), to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 g bean sprouts (or spiralized zucchini)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 200 g fresh chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips (or shrimp)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts lightly toasted, chopped
- For the shirataki noodles - Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and prepare the noodles - Drain the noodles first, rinse well in cold water, and for two minutes place in boiling water, then heat a pan over medium heat and dry the noodles. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add coconut aminos, fish sauce, sweetener, and red pepper flakes. Whisk all together and add about 2 tablespoons of lime juice or tamarind paste to taste.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil, once a little hot, add garlic and saute until little browned. Add chicken and cook for about 2-5 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Pile the chicken pieces on the edge of the pan.
- Pour the eggs in between and stir to make scrambled eggs, but still moist and tender.
- Pour in the sauce mixture from the bowl and evenly coat with chicken and eggs.
- Add prepared noodles, toss to coat with the sauce. Add bean sprouts and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with lime, cilantro, sliced green onions, and toasted peanuts before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 138mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 22g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Fritters
- Easy Chinese Low Carb Bourbon Chicken
- Creamy Low Carb Chicken Chowder Soup
- Low Carb One Pan Chicken Alfredo
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these keto chicken pad thai which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb keto chicken peanut pad thai will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.