Keto Bourbon Chicken – This low carb bourbon chicken can be made on the stovetop, instant pot, or slow cooker that is high in protein, sweet and savory, and is served over a bed of cauliflower rice for an easy low-carb dinner.
What is Bourbon Chicken?
The name of this recipe has been originated from Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana, and the bourbon whiskey ingredient is one of the main flavoring agent. This keto Chinese bourbon chicken is very popular at Chinese and Cajun-themed restaurants.
Keto Bourbon Chicken Instant pot
I made this recipe on the stovetop (see the directions below in the recipe card) but if you want, you can make it in an instant pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- Add the oil, and sear the chicken until browned for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pressure cook for about 30 minutes.
- After it’s done, let the pressure release naturally. Remove the lid and set the Instant Pot back to saute mode.
- Stir occasionally to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keto Bourbon Chicken Slow Cooker
- Cut the chicken and add it to the slow cooker.
- Whisk in all the ingredients together and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- To thicken the sauce, cook on high heat for about an hour without a lid.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can I Store This Low Carb Bourbon Street Chicken?
You can easily store the leftovers for another delicious Chinese meal. Let the chicken cool down to room temperature, pack them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
How To Reheat This Chinese Low Carb Bourbon Chicken?
- For stovetop – Heat a skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with oil. Add the chicken and stir for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
- For Microwave – Transfer the chicken to a microwave-safe container and pop it into the microwave for few minutes until warmed through.
- For Oven – Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Transfer the chicken to an oven-safe container and place in the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or coconut vinegar)
- Scallions, diagonally sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season with salt on both sides.
- Heat a large wok or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add in coconut oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for about about 4 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet or wok, add the broth, tomato sauce, coconut aminos, swerve confectioners, vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and smashed garlic. Whisk everything until well combined.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer for more 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds on the top and serve warm over a bed of cauliflower rice or low carb fried rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Cup (8 oz.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 530Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 277mgSodium 4823mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 65g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Chowder
- One Pan Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Spinach Florentine
- Low Carb Baked Chicken Fajita Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto bourbon chicken maria emmerich version which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb bourbon chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.