Pesto Chicken – This delicious basil pesto chicken is marinated in fresh basil pesto, oven baked, fully packed with amazing flavors made in just 30 minutes for a perfect restaurant style chicken dinner.
How to make Pesto Sauce?
As from the name, we can say that the pesto sauce is the main ingredient here, and that’s the pesto you are going to put over the chicken. The instruction for making this sauce is giving below in the recipe card.
But, yes, you can use store-bought pesto if you have in hand but believe you can never compare the fresh homemade sauce with the store brought one, so it’s up to you!
Grilled or Baked Chicken?
Again it’s up to you, either grill OR oven bake (this is what we are making today) your chicken until it’s juicy and soft from inside and little golden on the outside.
This baked pesto chicken is a high protein recipe and if you are looking to lose weight make sure to replace potatoes with grilled tomatoes to make it a low carb recipe.
Can we freeze the Pesto Chicken Bake?
No, I don’t recommend you to freeze the baked chicken, this recipe tastes best when eaten fresh from the oven, but yes, you can freeze the marinated chicken. Take an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.
What to Serve with this Creamy Pesto Chicken?
Simply serve it with pasta, rice or wholesome salad to make it a complete healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
This delicious basil pesto chicken is marinated in fresh basil pesto, oven baked, fully packed with amazing flavors made in just 30 minutes for a perfect restaurant style chicken dinner.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 big Tbsp butter
- 1 big Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breast fillet, skinless, boneless (you can also use chicken thighs)
- Pesto sauce
- Lemon juice
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Potatoes, small (you can also use tomatoes)
- Add pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil to the food processor and give it a blend.
- Add butter, parmesan, salt, and pepper and give it a final blend.
- Pound the chicken breast with a mallet and marinate with some lemon juice, salt and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Now coat the chicken breasts with pesto sauce.
- Place them into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 190 degrees or until cooked through.
- Add potatoes and grated mozzarella and bake until the cheese melts for about 15 more minutes.
- Serve with fresh salad on the side or over rice/pasta.
Still Hungry! Try These Delicious Chicken Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this baked chicken pesto recipe which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for pesto chicken breast will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.