Ragu Chicken Alfredo – This creamy, cheesy classic ragu chicken alfredo with fettuccine pasta is sure to become a family favorite made with hearty ragu sauce, creating a depth of flavor, simmered to perfection with aromatics and spices.
Ragu Chicken Alfredo – Tips
- For a richer flavor, use Italian sausage instead of chicken.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, use 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley or oregano.
- To make the dish gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta.
- Leftover sauce can be used on pizza, sandwiches, or as a dip for vegetables.
Creamy Ragu Chicken – Variations
- Shrimp Alfredo – Replace the chicken with cooked shrimp.
- Vegetable Alfredo – Add your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, or spinach.
- Spicy Alfredo – Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a chopped jalapeno to the sauce.
How to serve this ragu chicken parmesan alfredo?
- Serve with a side salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- For a lighter option, serve it with a side of steamed vegetables.
- Get creative and use the sauce as a base for other dishes, like lasagna or stuffed shells.
Ragu Chicken Alfredo – FAQs
Is this healthy?
While not the lightest dish, you can make it healthier by using lean chicken breast, whole-wheat pasta, and low-fat cream. You can also add vegetables like broccoli or spinach for extra nutrients.
What can I substitute for Parmesan cheese?
Pecorino Romano, Asiago, or even nutritional yeast can be used in place of Parmesan.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! Cook the chicken and sauce according to the recipe, then store them separately in the refrigerator. Reheat them together before serving over freshly cooked pasta.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz) jar Ragú sauce (Classic, Homestyle, or any flavor you prefer)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb fettuccine or your favorite pasta
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the Ragú sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Return the chicken to the pan along with the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the Ragu chicken sauce, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to create a smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 717Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 175mgSodium 552mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 49g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.