Chicken Fried Steak: It’s the ultimate comfort food which starts with a beef round steak that’s been tenderized and dredged in a flour mixture, then egg and then again back into the flour and finally being lightly fried to a crispy golden brown.
Chicken Fried Steak is tender and juicy inside and crispy on the outside, and delicious with a flavorful milk gravy. It’s a perfect whole family dinner. It’s very easy and simple to make and within 30 – 40 minutes it can be made. Not only it is a tasty but also a satisfying budget-friendly meal that can be made using cheaper cuts of beef.
What is Chicken Fried Steak?
Chicken fried steak is very similar to country fried steak which is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of tenderized cube beef steak coated with seasoned flour and then pan-fried. It is also associated with the Southern cuisine of the United States.
Chicken fried steak resembles the Italian-South American dish milanesa and the Austrian dish wiener schnitzel, which is a tenderized pork or veal cutlet, coated with eggs, flour, and bread crumbs, and then fried.
Why is it called Chicken fried steak when there is no chicken in it?
Well… that’s an interesting question. Ok, let me explain…
The cooking method is similar to that of pan-fried chicken breast cutlets.
Coated with breadcrumbs, dipped into an egg mixture, then to seasoned flour mixture and then pan fried.
It is usually served with a white peppery country gravy. But if you want something different then you can have it with mashed potatoes.
How to Make Chicken fried steak?
- Season your cubed steak with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a flour mixture in a bowl with seasoned salt, Saltine crumbs, and cayenne pepper.
- In another prepare the mixture of eggs and 1/3 cup of milk.
- Firstly, dredge the cubed steak in flour, then dip in egg mixture and finally coat with the flour mixture.
- In a large pan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Place the steaks on your pan and cook for 3 minutes per side. Remove steak to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add flour to pan and cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Gradually whisk in milk and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Still Hungry! try these Chicken recipes:
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Authentic Chicken Enchiladas
- Teriyaki Chicken Breast
- Indian Style Chicken Tikka Masala
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Chicken Fried Steak Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Chicken Lovers who are looking for Chicken Fried Steak will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.