Teriyaki chicken: It is one of the most popular and most lovable chicken recipe in Japanese cuisine. You can make this Chicken Teriyaki dish just by using a few ingredients in your pantry and then you can enjoy those mouthwatering chicken rice bowls with the amazing teriyaki sauce.
If you want to make Homemade Teriyaki Chicken then actually it is super easy. If you make it properly at home then you will feel like you are sitting in a 5-star restaurant. It only requires some few ingredients and spices like chicken thighs/wings, sugar, soy sauce, and some spices like black pepper etc. You can also add Japanese rice wine or Sake (if available) or you can skip this with no worries.
The chicken is juicy, tender, and full of flavor. I guarantee you that this is the Best teriyaki chicken ever you will ever have. It is baked in a thick mouthwatering teriyaki sauce so the chicken doesn’t dry out and it will keep the moisture inside the chicken thighs.
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken
- In a large pan heat cooking oil over medium heat. Stir fry chicken, until lightly browned and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to combine.
- To the center of the pan add the garlic and saute about 30 seconds until lightly fragrant. Pour in the sauce and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with green onion slices and serve over steamed rice.
How to make Teriyaki Sauce
The Teriyaki sauce is so simple and easy to make. I always recommend you to make the teriyaki sauce at home, believe me, it’s much better than any store-bought sauce. It has the most amazing flavor – perfectly savory, sweet, and a bit spicy. If someone gives me a challenge I can finish this sauce within a few minutes.
- To make your delicious teriyaki sauce, combine water, garlic, soy sauce, ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and rice vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil, add a cornstarch dissolved into water or soy sauce to thicken the sauce.
- Stir until thickened for 1-2 minutes, remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds and That’s it you are done with your sauce.
So, that’s how to make a Perfect teriyaki sauce. You can store in the fridge or in a jar for up to 3-4 weeks.
What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken
Serve your Teriyaki chicken with chicken fried rice or simply steamed white rice or you can also add Steamed broccoli in it. For ultimate flavor, I highly advise you to drizzle all of the extra Teriyaki sauce over everything because the rice soaks up some of the extra sauce and makes it even more flavorful. You can also top your chicken with sliced green onion or sesame seeds and enjoy a Teriyaki Chicken Bowl in your home comfort.
Still Hungry! Check my other Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Pot Pie with Potatoes
- Indian Style Chicken Tikka Masala
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 110mgSodium 1481mgCarbohydrates 22gSugar 17gProtein 28g