Chicken Saltimbocca – This easy saltimbocca chicken is one of my favorite dinner dishes. It consists of juicy chicken cutlets and prosciutto that are so delicious can be made in just 30 minutes.
What is Chicken Saltimbocca?
Saltimbocca means “jump in your mouth” aka saltinbocca is an Italian dish (also popular in Greece and southern Switzerland) made of veal lined or wrapped with prosciutto and sage which is marinated in wine or oil.
The original version of this dish is saltimbocca Roman-style (saltimbocca alla Romana )which consists of prosciutto and sage, veal, rolled-up (sometimes the prosciutto and veal and are not rolled-up but left flat) and cooked in butter and dry white wine. Marsala is also used sometimes. Americans replace the veal with chicken or pork.
How to Make Baked Chicken Saltimbocca?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 c. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Marinara with Burgundy Wine Sauce (buy it here)
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take 2 bowls, one with the beaten egg and other with bread crumbs.
- Firstly, Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs and coat well on both sides.
- Arrange chicken in 13- x 9-inch baking dish and bake 20 minutes. Top with prosciutto on each, then 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve immediately over hot spaghetti and pour in the remaining heated sauce. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese, if desired
What to Serve with Chicken Saltimbocca?
Saltimbocca Chicken is a very versatile dish can go well with a variety of side dishes, From polenta and pasta to potatoes, veal saltimbocca pairs. You can also serve with vegetables like boiled carrots and broccoli.
Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 63mgSodium 547mgCarbohydrates 3gProtein 26g
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this easy chicken saltimbocca which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for Giada chicken saltimbocca will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.