Chicken Tacos: This easy and simple recipe can be made in just 20-30 minutes and those spicy chicken tacos will make your day. These are very flavorful, filled with delicious juicy chicken pieces which are perfect for your entire family weeknight dinner.
From childhood itself, I had a great taco addiction, if anyone asks me for my go-to recipe then hands down to chicken tacos recipe. Basically every week I used to eat this.
This recipe can also be useful for you if have your guests who are suddenly coming without knowing you then you can pretty much make it within 20-30 minutes.
Which chicken cut is best for Chicken Tacos Recipe?
I always prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts more than chicken thighs. Because using chicken breasts we can easily have that juicy, delicious chicken breasts. But if you want you can substitute with chicken thighs and the rest of the method is the same.
What to serve with these chicken tacos?
I personally serve it with Pico de Gallo – a fresco salsa made with chunks of onion, tomato, and jalapeño. You can pretty much serve it with diced avocados or guacamole, your favorite salsa (perfect for pouring over any taco recipe) or simply serve it with pickled jalapeños, diced tomatoes, diced cilantro, Sour Cream, and lime juice.
This easy and simple recipe can be made in just 20-30 minutes and those spicy chicken tacos will make your day. These are very flavorful, filled with delicious juicy chicken pieces which are perfect for your entire family weeknight dinner.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 pounds ground chicken (all breast meat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 bell peppers (any color), finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend , optional for topping (Buy here)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C.
- In large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, onions, and garlic and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and just starting to brown.
- Add the chicken, ancho chili powder, cumin, cayenne (if using), paprika, oregano, and salt.
- Now increase the heat to high and break the chicken into small clumps by using a wooden spoon. Cook about 5 minutes until the chicken is partially cooked. Stir in the tomato sauce, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking chicken into smaller pieces, until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Meanwhile, lay the tacos sideways on the baking sheet. Pull the stack apart, overlapping the edges slightly. Bake until crisp for 6-7 minutes. Into the shells spoon the chicken and serve with toppings.
Still Hungry Try These Delicious Chicken Recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these chicken tacos recipe which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for chicken tacos restaurant recipe will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.