Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – This super easy One Pot chicken and rice instant pot recipe is an Ultimate Comfort that warms your soul & satisfies your tummy and for sure it will be your families favorite dinner.
Earlier i have shared chicken fried rice which is again my favorite but this easy Instant pot chicken and rice is something different because it’s a one-pot meal.
Tips and Tricks
- Rinse the rice well before cooking (very important!).
- You can use water if the broth is not available but when you adding broth to the pot, be sure to scrape up any bits with a spatula stuck to the bottom of your Instant Pot before adding the chicken (this will avoid getting burn warning during pressure cooking).
- You can add your favorites veggies like chopped bell pepper along with the carrots. You can also add in some steamed broccoli after pressure cooking (Broccoli will get too mushy if added with everything else during pressure cooking).
Can I Freeze Leftovers?
Yes definitely, take an airtight container and freeze leftovers for up to 3 months.
Is Slow-Cooker good for this recipe?
Look, this recipe is mainly for instant pot and cannot be made in a slow cooker because when the rice gets cooked it will become complete mushy and also it requires a different amount of liquid.
What to Serve with Instant pot Chicken Breast and Rice?
Serve this meal with a fresh fruit or veggies you like or alongside green salad or some crusty bread.
You can add frozen vegetables like peas and corn (add them frozen and stir gently one more time) or add herbs if you prefer more flavor, add chopped cilantro and green onion.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice?
This super easy One Pot instant pot chicken and rice recipe is an Ultimate Comfort that warms your soul & satisfies your tummy and for sure it will be your families favorite dinner.
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups long grain brown rice uncooked, rinsed well and drained (do not substitute other types of rice)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 medium carrots cut lengthwise and then chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Turn on your Instant Pot (6 quart or larger) to saute mode. Add the olive oil, carrots, and onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the brown rice, garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring and turn off Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and stir until well combined, scrape up any bits with a spatula that are stuck to the bottom of the pot. Make sure that all of the vegetables and rice are in the liquid (not on the sides of the pot).
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture (do not stir). Place the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Pressure cook for 20 minutes on high.
- Allow a natural pressure release for 12 minutes (leaving it off after it finishes cooking).
- Then do a quick pressure release for the remaining steam and pressure.
- Once the float valve drops down, open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken to a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces. Stir the chicken pieces along with the peas back into the rice mixture.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.
Still Hungry! Try These Other Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Gizzard Stew
- Chicken Saltimbocca Baked
- Easy Chicken Milanese Recipe
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this instant pot chicken breast and rice which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for instant pot cheesy chicken and rice will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.
1 thought on “Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Rice”