Keto Chicken Meatballs – These low carb baked chicken meatballs with creamy sauce are one of the best-friendly snacks made with juicy chicken, parmesan, herbs, and spices on those busy weeknights.
Keto Chicken Meatballs – Tips
For extra moist meatballs – Add a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs like parsley or basil to the mixture.
Skip the almond flour – If you don’t have almond flour, you can use equal parts grated Parmesan cheese and psyllium husk powder.
Make them ahead – Form the meatballs, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake frozen meatballs for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Get saucy – Toss the cooked meatballs in your favorite keto-friendly sauce, like marinara, buffalo, or a creamy garlic sauce.
Keto Chicken Meatballs – Variations
Spicy meatballs – Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the mixture.
Italian meatballs – Swap the oregano for Italian seasoning and add a teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley.
Asian meatballs – Use ground turkey instead of chicken and add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a teaspoon of grated ginger to the mixture.
How to Serve These Cheesy Low Carb Chicken Meatballs?
- Serve with toothpicks and your favorite dipping sauce, like marinara or guacamole or make Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
- Top a bed of spiralized zucchini noodles, roasted cauliflower rice, or keto lettuce wraps with meatballs and your desired sauce.
- Add meatballs to a bed of mixed greens, chopped vegetables, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
- Toss cooked meatballs into a pot of your favorite keto-friendly soup for an extra protein boost.
Low Carb Chicken Meatballs – FAQs
Are keto chicken meatballs healthy?
Yes! They are a good source of protein and healthy fats, and they are low in carbs.
How many carbs are in a meatball?
Depending on the ingredients used, each meatball can have around 1-2 grams of net carbs.
Can I use ground turkey instead of chicken?
Absolutely! Ground turkey is a great alternative and is just as delicious.
What are some other ingredients I can add to my meatballs?
Chopped bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded cheese, and chopped nuts are all great options.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the ground chicken, grated parmesan cheese, egg, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, almond flour, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Shape meatballs (about 1 inch size) and place them in the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve with mashed cauliflower mash or enjoy with your favorite sauce dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 179mgSodium 620mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 35g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.