Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps – These low carb chicken lettuce wraps are great for a family dinner which is packed with ground chicken and amazing low carb sauce that is a quick PF chang’s chicken lettuce wraps copycat recipe.
What is the Best Lettuce For Wraps?
My all-time pick is Romaine lettuce. First of all, it is easily available on the market and it is larger than Butter/Boston bibb lettuce, and secondly, it has a large leafy area to fit in my chicken stuffing with the delicious flavorful sauce.
But yes you can use bibb/butter lettuce, remember that is it smaller and you need a couple of more leaves to make it a complete meal but it has a natural built-in cup shape which is a plus for the stuffing.
You can also try Iceberg if you want little crunchy and looking for a keto Asian chicken lettuce wraps.
Swiss chard is also a great option, just remove the stems and add in your stuffings.
Try to replace ground chicken with any other dark meat like pork or turkey. Add in water chestnuts for extra crunch, cabbage and bell pepper for the extra flavor and color.
Is Pf Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Keto Friendly?
No! The original recipe is loaded with sugar and contains a lot of carbs (70-80 grams) which will totally ruin your keto journey. But yes, you can make it keto approved meal if you change the sauce.
Yes, you heard it right! Here’s how you can make your homemade sauce. (see ingredients measurements and detailed steps on the recipe card)
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Teaspoon hot sauce or Sriracha
- Fish sauce, optional
- Rice wine vinegar
- Swerve sweetener or monk fruit
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients and pour in all over the chicken when stir-frying (detailed steps below)
Can I Meal prep this Keto Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
Yes, absolutely! These lettuce wraps are a great make-ahead meal. Take a freezer-friendly airtight containers and place the chicken filling and pack the lettuce in Ziploc bags and freeze for up to 3-4 days.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this along with your homemade dipping sauce (same sauce but in small quantity), or serve with cauliflower rice, cabbage salad or onion rings.
How to Make Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
These low carb keto chicken lettuce wraps are great for a family dinner which is packed with ground chicken and amazing low carb sauce that is a quick PF chang’s chicken lettuce wraps copycat recipe.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- 5 tablespoons low carb soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon swerve or monkfruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the sauce - Take a small bowl and combine all of the sauce ingredients and mix well until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the oil, once hot, add red onion, garlic cloves and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken has done and browned.
- Pour in the sauce, green onions and water chestnuts (if desired); combine all and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Layer the lettuce and distribute the filling evently into each of the lettuce, top with green onions or garnish with chopped peanuts.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
- Low Carb Sweet And Sour Chicken
- Keto Drumsticks Baked
- Keto Chicken Piccata w/ Broccoli and Spinach
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken lettuce wraps which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken lettuce wraps will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.
4 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Low Carb Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps”