Keto Chicken Marsala – This easy low carb chicken marsala is a great mouth watering Italian dish on busy weeknights that consists of juicy chicken breasts and delicious creamy sauce. This one pan dish is whole 30, keto-friendly, gluten-free and paleo friendly that can be made in just 15 minutes.
What is Chicken Marsala?
It is an Italian-American dish made from tender chicken pieces such as breasts or boneless skinless thighs, mushrooms, garlic or shallots, and of course marsala wine. It generally served with pasta or rice because of its enough creamy sauce, also served with whole roasted garlic.
Marsala Wine Substitute
If you don’t have marsala wine in hand, you can buy it here or just see the substitutes below:
Some non-alcoholic options:
- 1/4 cup of white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- Cabernet Sauvignon – red grape wine
- Red Vermouth
- Amontillado wine
- 2-3 teaspoons of brandy with 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Madeira wine
What To Serve With This Creamy Low Carb Chicken Marsala?
Just because of enough creamy sauce I like to serve it over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, or roasted/steamed broccoli and enjoy this low carb dish.
Keto Chicken Marsala Crockpot
Below is the easy low carb slow cooker creamy chicken marsala, for the one pan stovetop version, see the recipe card.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add butter/oil and brown the chicken breasts on both sides (about 3 minutes per side). Remove and set aside.
- On the same pan, add little more oil and saute the mushrooms for a few minutes (the above two steps are totally optional, but recommended to give it more creamy flavor)
- Grease the butter/olive oil to the base of the slow cooker. Add the browned chicken (or raw) to the bottom of the pot.
- Add mushrooms, seasonings and pour the marsala wine over the top.
- Secure the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked and the internal temperature reads 155 degrees. (check the reading from a meat thermometer)
- Once done, remove the chicken and mushrooms from the slow cooker. Stir in xanthan gum and cream (optional).
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the pot and cook for another 20-30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked (reaches 165 degrees) and the sauce thickened.
Still Hungry! Try these other low carb keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Curry
- Low Carb Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Wings Air Fryer
- Crispy Keto Chicken Wings Baked
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken mushroom marsala which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for the keto creamy chicken marsala will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.