Keto chicken carbonara – This low carb chicken carbonara is made with a thick creamy flavorful sauce, and juicy chicken, served with crispy bacon bits on top of palmini noodles.
Keto chicken carbonara – Important Tips
Chicken – You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Instead leftover roasted chicken can also be used. Fry the bacon ahead of time too.
Bacon – Use any beef, pork, or turkey bacon. Fry the bacon ahead of time. You can substitute bacon for Pancetta or mix in some chopped salami with bacon.
Noodles – Use any long, flat fettuccini noodles or keto-friendly pasta like Palmini noodles to get the authentic taste and texture, and taste like wheat noodles. Spaghetti noodles or some other low-carb angel hair pasta can also be used.
Variations – You can also use shrimp, beef, pork, scallops, or an assortment of sauteed vegetables.
How to serve this keto chicken carbonara noodles?
Top it with shredded parmesan and serve this with side dishes like breadsticks and chopped salad or some keto breadsticks. Other options are – roasted vegetables, roasted broccoli, asparagus or cauliflower.
Can I store this low carb carbonara chicken?
It’s always best to serve this dish fresh on the table. You can pack the leftover in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for upto 3 days.
Keto Chicken Carbonara (Low Carb Creamy)
This low carb keto chicken carbonara is made with a thick creamy flavorful sauce, and juicy chicken, served with crispy bacon bits on top of palmini noodles.
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 tsp Bacon Grease
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 large Egg Yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 can Palmini Noodles, optional (or zucchini noodles)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and fry the bacon until crispy. Remove 1 tsp of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt pepper and add to the skillet and saute until browned and cooked through for about 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, Add the remaining bacon grease, then add chopped onion and cook until the onions have softened.
- Stir in the minced garlic, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream with chicken broth, give it a good mix, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove a ladle of cream sauce into a bowl, add the beaten eggs, mix well and put it back in the pan and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the grated parmesan cheese, seasoning, spinach, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the spinach has wilted. Add the cooked chicken to the skillet and coat well with the sauce.
- Top with bacon bits and serve over Palmini noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 522Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 278mgSodium 578mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 33g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Low Carb Chicken Spaghetti
- Keto Casserole Mexican Cheesy Chicken
- Low Carb Creamy Salsa Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken carbonara that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb creamy carbonara chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.