Keto chicken spaghetti – This low Carb Chicken Spaghetti is the ultimate American classic flavorful comfort food made in just 30 minutes perfect for busy weeknights.
Keto chicken spaghetti – Important Tips
Chicken – Season the chicken overnight or at least one hour before cooking. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs can be used
Seasoning – I am using Italian seasoning, oregano or thyme will also work.
Oil – Use any low-carb oil, avocado oil or ghee is a great option. It’s always good to use butter for those juicy chicken breasts.
Onion and Garlic – Use fresh onion or garlic. Or ½ teaspoon powder of each will also work. For an extra kick of heat, add ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder. Chopped bell pepper can be added but is optional.
Diced Tomatoes – I used a 14-ounce can of diced Rotel tomatoes. Use 10 oz and freeze the leftovers for the next time or check on the carbs if using the whole can.
Cream and Cheese – Use Heavy whipping cream to keep it low carb, cream cheese can be used instead. When using cream cheese, omit the xanthan gum if you want, as it will help thicken the sauce.
Noodles – I have used Palmini noodles to make this dish more delicious and flavorful. Zucchini noodles or gluten-free spaghetti squash can also be used. For the zucchini noodles, cook, saute in a skillet, and drain well to avoid extra moisture. Reduce any extra moisture with paper towels before adding them to the dish.
Can I make this low-carb chicken spaghetti ahead of time?
You can make this delicious dish one day ahead and store it in the fridge up to the broiling stage. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for upto three days or freeze them for up to one month.
Can make this keto chicken spaghetti with rotel in Instant Pot?
For the stove top version, see the below recipe card.
- Set Instant Pot in high on saute mode.
- Add the butter. once melted, add the chicken breasts or thighs. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the freshly chopped onion and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape up those crispy delicious brown bits from the bottom.
- Add the 14 oz can of Rotel, cream, and xanthan gum. Press cancel.
- Now set the timer to 2 minutes on high pressure. When beeps, do an instant pressure release, open the lid, and stir well.
- Add 1 cup of parmesan and cheddar cheese. Place the lid back until the cheese is melted. Stir.
- Stir in the noodles and top with the remaining cheese. Place back the lid until the cheese is melted. Done.
- You can also broil for 3 minutes.
- 2 pounds cubed chicken thighs or breast, boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter or avocado oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped (chopped bell pepper can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounces) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream or cream cheese
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 can palmini noodles, rinsed drained well (or 2 spiralized zucchini)
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- In a large bowl, add the cubed chicken, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Add the chicken and cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer over medium heat and stir in xanthan gum and cook until the sauce starts to thicken for about 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add 1 cup of parmesan and cheddar cheese. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in palmini noodles or spiralized zucchini and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Now broil for about 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 170mgSodium 798mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 30g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Mexican Chicken
- Low Carb Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Keto Crockpot Mexican Chicken Soup
- Low Carb French Onion Chicken
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken spaghetti with zucchini noodles that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken spaghetti stove top will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.