Keto Mexican Chicken – This low carb mexican chicken made in casserole or skillet is full of Mexican flavors and goodness made in less than 30 minutes with just 5g of net carbs, perfect go to dinner for your entire family.
Keto Mexican Chicken – Important Tips
Chicken – Use any rotisserie chicken to save on the preparation time, or quickly make your boneless skinless chicken breasts in an Instant pot with salt pepper and broth, but slow cooked chicken works best here, full of flavors! You can use substitute chicken with ground beef and beef broth.
Tomatoes – A 10 ounces can of Rotel tomatoes works the best, add sliced black olives, and a can of green chiles for an extra kick. You can also use salsa and black beans
Seasoning – Use a packet of store-bought taco seasoning or make a homemade version for less carbs and other added ingredients
Cheese – Use cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack, pre-shredded also works. Instead, Jalapeno cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend from Costco can be used.
Can I store or meal prep this low carb mexican chicken?
You can easily store the leftover keto mexican chicken casserole in the fridge for up to 3-4 days and freeze for up to 6 months.
When you are meal prepping, follow the instruction up to adding the cheese, pour the cheese into the casserole, cover it with aluminum foil and store in the fridge for up to 1-2 days or freeze.
When ready to eat, quickly pop it into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, when you are making it after freezing the casserole, thaw it overnight in the fridge and, and bake until hot and bubbly. Cooking may vary.
How to serve this low carb keto Mexican chicken?
There are lot of variations, add jalapenos, with a dollop of sour cream on the top, and lots of cilantro with added red pepper flakes. You can also add sliced tomatoes or avocados.
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic minced cloves
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 (12 oz) bag steamed riced cauliflower
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (or homemade salsa)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter and saute diced pepper, onion, and garlic until softened.
- Prepare the cauliflower rice as per the package instructions.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning, chicken broth, Rotel tomatoes, and steamed cauliflower to the skillet.
- Combine well, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10 minutes until semi-dry.
- Add chicken and stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes. add more chicken broth if it's too dry.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and Mexican cheese blend on top, cover, and cook until melted.
- Add sliced avocados, and jalapenos with a dollop of sour cream on the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 77mgSodium 1017mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 23g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Salsa Chicken
- Low Carb Mexican Chicken Soup Slow Cooker
- Keto Skillet French Onion Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Lasagna Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto mexican cheesy chicken skillet that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb mexican chicken will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.