Keto chicken vegetable soup – This low carb chicken vegetable soup is a comforting and heartwarming dish made with juicy chicken breasts, loaded with vegetables, added herbs and spices perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
Keto chicken vegetable soup – Important Tips
Chicken – You can use chicken thighs or chicken breast, or any shredded roasted chicken leftover or store-bought rotisserie chicken. When using raw chicken, add to the soup and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender and meat fall off the bone.
Vegetables – You can add the vegetables you like and make variations – chopped onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower florets, mushrooms, kale, spinach, green beans, or cauliflower rice
Broth – Use any store-bought stock cubes or homemade chicken bone broth
Herbs and spices – Use freshly chopped or dried parsley, thyme, a garlic clove, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
For Italian lovers – Add rosemary, basil, marjoram, and oregano to the seasoning mix and grate over parmesan cheese before serving.
For Mexican – Add carrots instead of bell peppers, with smoked paprika, oregano, chili powder, and cumin. To add an extra kick, add chopped lemongrass stalks or lemon zest to the soup. Serve with freshly chopped coriander.
Noodles – Add any keto-friendly pasta, shirataki noodles or kelp noodles. Or you can add shredded cabbage, shredded spaghetti squash, spiralized zucchini noodles, and cauliflower rice.
How to serve this keto creamy chicken vegetable soup?
Add a little melted butter and swirl lemon juice with olive oil just before serving. Pour into a bowl and top with freshly chopped parsley or coriander.
Can I store this low carb keto chicken veggie soup?
Divide into portions and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Low Carb Chicken Vegetable Soup Instant Pot
- Set the pot to saute mode. Add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Set to soup mode and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes, then do a natural pressure release. Pour in half of the soup, thicken it and put it back into the pot, stir.
Keto Chicken Vegetable Soup Slow Cooker
- In a pan, saute the vegetables. Add the vegetables with the chicken to the slow cooker together, and pour in the broth.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1 small leek, chopped or green beans
- 3 medium stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1.5 quarts chicken stock
- 8 g fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2.5 cups cooked shredded chicken (or raw chicken thighs or breasts)
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add butter or olive oil. Then add onion, leek carrots, 2/3 of the parsley, chopped thyme, and celery, and cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, and salt pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover the lid, and for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked shredded or rotisserie chicken. In a large bowl, remove half of the soup mixture and pulse with a stick blender or grinder, and make a thick paste.
- Pour the soup back into the pan. Add greens and simmer for about a minute or until softened
- Add a squeeze of lemon with olive oil and swirl into the soup. Add butter and top with fresh chopped parsley, adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 382Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 82mgSodium 901mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 32g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Spaghetti
- Low Carb Mexican Cheesy Chicken Skillet
- Keto Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Low Carb Crockpot Mexican Chicken Soup
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken vegetable soup without cauliflower that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken vegetable soup will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.