Keto Chicken Piccata – This easy low carb chicken piccata is a great Italian dish perfect for your family dinner on busy weeknights. This keto lemon chicken piccata is very delicious which includes chicken pieces in a creamy buttery lemon sauce.
What is Chicken Piccata?
It is a classic Italian dish where Piccata means sautéed or larded. It is made with chicken cutlets, dredged in flour, browned and served over a creamy buttery sauce made with lemon juice, stock or wine, butter, and capers.
Is Chicken Piccata Low Carb?
The classic recipe is typically dredged in all-purpose flour, browned and served with mashed potatoes or pasta which is very high in carbs and not keto-friendly.
To make it a low carb chicken piccata, we just need to substitute few ingredients like substitute almond flour or tapioca flour for the all-purpose flour and serve with broccoli or roasted asparagus.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Piccata Sauce?
This is the best part and I love this sauce, this includes white wine, chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, and caper which are extremely low in calorie and gluten-free as well. The instructions are given on the recipe card below.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?.
Yes absolutely, I am using chicken breasts but if you are looking for keto chicken piccata thighs then go for it, no worries!
Now many of you asked me how to make it with and without broccoli and spinach, so here’s how you can make it:
Keto Chicken Piccata w/ Broccoli and Spinach
- Take 2 chicken breasts, pound them and season with salt pepper and garlic powder on both the sides
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil or ghee.
- Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it cool. Now add the spinach and broccoli to the same skillet and stir cook them for 4-5 minutes or until tender brown on the edges. Once cooked, transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter and let it melt. Add in 3 slices of lemon and the capers and cook for about 3 minutes to get the sauce.
- Now add in the cooked chicken and the veggies back to the skillet and stir well to coat with the sauce and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes so that the chicken and the veggies absorb a little bit of the sauce and get the flavor
- Serve on a plate and pour in remaining sauce over the chicken and veggies.
How to Make Low Carb Flourless Chicken Piccata?
You can follow the instructions below to make the keto chicken piccata no breading recipe.
- Pound the chicken and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the butter with 2 tablespoons avocado oil and let the butter completely melt.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through and set aside on a plate.
- On the same pan. add broth, lemon juice, and capers; bring to boil.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Done! transfer to a plate and pour the buttery sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
How to Make Baked Keto Chicken Piccata?
- Follow the instructions below to make the baked keto chicken piccata with artichokes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Take a large casserole dish, add melted butter and line the bottom of the dish with lemon slices and place chicken on the top.
- Add in salt, Italian seasonings, minced garlic and drained artichokes and capers on the top of chicken.
- Pour lemon juice and broth and wine over the artichokes and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink from inside.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over cauliflower rice.
Can I Freeze this Keto Lemon Chicken Piccata?
Yes absolutely! Let it completely cool and store it in air tight containers. When ready to eat, thaw it overnight before reheating.
What Can I Serve with this Keto Diet Chicken Piccata?
You can serve it with a side of salad, cauliflower rice, spiralized zucchini noodles, roasted asparagus, or vegetables like green beans, spinach, kale, broccoli.
This easy low carb keto chicken piccata is a great Italian dish perfect for your family dinner on busy weeknights. This keto lemon chicken piccata is very delicious which includes chicken pieces in a creamy buttery lemon sauce.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless, thin sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons almond flour or tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Romano cheese or grated parmesan
- Pound the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Take a bowl and add almond flour and grated parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high, add 2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt.
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts into the almond flour mixture and set aside.
- Once butter is melted and ready to cook. add in the coated chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- Add in remaining butter, chicken broth, vinegar, capers, lemon juice, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced a bit.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Done! Transfer to a plate and pour in the sauce over the chicken and serve with cauliflower or roasted asparagus. Top with more parmesan or romano cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 430 Fat: 20g Carbs: 2g Protein: 57g
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Sesame Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Teriyaki
- Keto Friendly Orange Chicken
- Baked Keto Chicken Fried Steak
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto lemon chicken piccata which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken piccata with artichokes will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.
2 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Piccata – Easy Low Carb Chicken Piccata Recipe”