Keto Chicken Fried Steak – This low carb chicken fried steak is the ultimate comfort food that is crispy on the outside and juicy tender from inside that you can enjoy with your whole family.
My favorite part in this recipe is the gravy made with cream cheese and chicken broth (you can also use beef broth) which gives it a super creamy flavor or call it keto chicken fried steak and cream gravy.
Ok so let’s jump in, in this post I will sharing how to make this in the air fryer, on the oven and finally on a skillet that is on the stovetop.
But before that let’s be clear what type of breadcrumbs we will be using here, there are several options you can choose from –
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Almond flour
- Pork rind panko crumbs
- Coconut flour
- Or you can use both parmesan cheese and pork rind (this is what I am using in this recipe) as the binding agent which holds the egg mixture.
Keto Chicken Fried Steak Air Fryer
- Take two shallow bowls, combine pork rinds, crushed parmesan cheese, paprika, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper on the first bowl.
- Take the second bowl and add beaten eggs.
- First coat the steaks into the egg mixture then dredge into the breadcrumb mixture. Do the same for the remaining steaks.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray, place the steaks (2 at a time) and then to the air fryer and cook at 400F for 12-15 minutes (flip halfway through).
- Once done, take it out from the air fryer and place them in the oven on a sheet tray at 200F to keep it warm and fully cooked through. Continue the same with the remaining steaks.
- The instructions to make the gravy is given in the recipe card below.
Baked Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Preheat oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour ingredients and spices (as mentioned above) in one bowl and beat the eggs in another bowl.
- Firstly dip the steak into the egg mixture then to the pork rind mixture.
- Do the same with the remaining steaks and once done, place them on the baking sheet and transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until breading is browned.
Tips to make the best low carb chicken fried steak and gravy
- Always try to use a non-stick or cast iron pan to avoid the breading stick to the pan.
- If using almond flour try to clean the pan after the first two steaks are being cooked and then prepare your sauce/gravy because it may burn very quickly.
- Air Fryer (if using the air fryer for this recipe)
- Cast Iron Skillet or Non Stick Pan
- Meat Mallet – to pound the steak
- Cutting Board – This is where you will be pounding the meat
How to Make Keto Low Carb Chicken Fried Steak?
This low carb keto chicken fried steak is the ultimate comfort food that is crispy on the outside and juicy tender from inside that you can enjoy with your whole family.
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
4.7 based on 3 review(s)
- 4 (4 ounces) steaks, cubed
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Chives or parsley
- Season steak with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and heavy cream and whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine pork rinds, cheese, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Firstly coat the steaks in the pork rind mixture, dip into the egg-cream mixture and then again to the pork rind mixture. Continue doing the same with the remaining steaks.
- Heat up a cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add oil and once hot, add the breaded steaks (2 at a time) and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Do the same with the remaining two steaks.
- Now let's make the gravy, add onion and garlic in the same pan (reduce the oil if you have added too much during frying) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted. Gradually whisk in beef broth, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes or until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Serve steak topped with gravy alongside steamed broccoli or mashed cauliflower.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Nuggets
- Low Carb Southern Chicken and Dumplings
- Best Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Chicken Kabobs
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this low carb chicken fried steak with gravy which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for chicken fried steak keto style will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.
4 thoughts on “Keto Chicken Fried Steak – Low Carb Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy”