Keto Chicken Drumsticks – These crispy low carb chicken drumsticks are so flavorful, tender juicy from inside and crispy on the outside. These low carb baked chicken drumsticks are so easy to make and a perfect meal on busy weeknights.
These keto baked chicken legs and thighs are coated with olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and other seasoning and baked until golden perfection.
What Part of Chicken to Use?
As you can guess from the name ‘keto chicken drumsticks recipe’, we are using chicken drumsticks, but yes, you can use chicken breasts or tenderloins (make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly)
Are Chicken Drumsticks Keto Friendly?
Yes absolutely! that is what i am here to share. Don’t worry this recipe is a proper fit for anyone who is looking for keto-approved recipe.
Now you may have the question, is baked keto chicken legs or drumsticks healthy?
Look eating baked version is much healthier than fried chicken which I have already shared earlier (check that out).
You can further make it healthier if you use the skinless chicken legs, by doing that you can avoid extra fat content but remember that you will not get that crispiness.
How Long to Bake the Chicken Drumsticks?
For the best results, bake the chicken legs at high for 50 minutes in total (25 minutes per side) at 425 degrees. For the crispy skin, bake for more 5-10 minutes at the last (don’t worry the meat will not dry out)
But before anything, you must check whether the chicken you are eating is properly cooked or not. You can use a meat thermometer and insert it into the leg (make sure not to hit the bone or else it will different readings) and see whether it reach at least 165F (185F to 190F internal temperature is good)
How Long to Marinade the Chicken?
You can keep this keto chicken drumsticks marinade for at least an hour. For the best results marinate for 6 hours.
How to Make Low Carb Baked Chicken Drumsticks?
This recipe I have already shared earlier (check that out in detail) but here’s the recipe how you can make it in the baking dish.
- Take the drumsticks and make 2-3 cuts on each leg.
- In a bowl and combine 4 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp dried oregano and mix well.
- Take a large ziploc bag and place the chicken drumsticks and spread the marinade to coat the chicken and marinate for at least an hour to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Lightly spray the baking dish with cooking spray and place the chicken drumsticks ( this is optional but you can pour the remaining marinade to get extra flavor of all the spices)
- Place the dish on the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until crispy on the outside and the internal temperature reaches at least 175 degrees when inserted meat thermometer.
- Done! Serve immediately alongside any low carb salad.
What to Serve with this Low Carb Keto Chicken Drumsticks?
I simply serve this with any low carb salad, low carb cauliflower lice, roasted asparagus, fried radishes or coleslaw.
These crispy low carb keto chicken drumsticks are so flavorful, tender juicy from inside and crispy in the outside. These low carb baked chicken drumsticks are so easy to make and a perfect meal on busy weeknights.
60 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 50 Total Time
- 3 pound chicken drumsticks (about 8-10 drumsticks)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dijon, garlic powder, and cloves, and mix until well combined.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the drumsticks, pour in the marinade and mix until well coated. Let it marinate for at least an hour to 6 hours
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the rack over the tray and then place the drumsticks.
- Pour in the marinade or brush to get all the flavors.
- Bake for 50 minutes, 25 minutes per side, flip the drumsticks in between.
- Broil for the last 2 to 3 minutes on high for crispier skin.
- Done! Serve hot with low carb cauliflower rice, salad or roasted asparagus.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Piccata
- Low Carb Sesame Chicken
- Low Carb Teriyaki Chicken
- Keto Orange Chicken With Orange Marmalade
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto recipe for chicken drumsticks which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken drumstick meal will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.