Keto Chicken Tacos – These healthy low carb chicken tacos consist of tender shredded chicken which is juicy and full of flavors. This Mexican alternative keto chicken tacos with cheese shells made in a slow cooker or crockpot are enough to please a crowd.
Earlier if you remember, I had already shared the classic Mexican style chicken tacos (check that out), but that contains 15-16 grams of carbs and that’s because of the taco shells we are using increases the carb content.
But don’t worry, today I will share how you can make your homemade cheese taco shells that contain only 1 gram of net carb in each shell.
How to Make the Keto Chicken Taco Shell?
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt with parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix well, toss the cheeses with the flour and garlic salt until well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper, and place the cheese mixture (about 1/3 cup at a time) and smooth the mixture out into a circle about 5×5 inches. Repeat the same with the remaining cheese mixture. (you should get 3 cheese circles per cookie sheet)
- Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, once done, take out from the oven and remove them from the baking sheet with a large spatula.
- Carefully bend them in half to form the taco shell or immediately place them into the middle of the taco holder and let it cool before serving.
How to Make Low Carb Shredded Chicken Tacos in Slow Cooker?
- In the recipe card below I have made it differently but either way, you can also try this method.
- Put onions and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker and then add the chicken on top.
- Add in all the seasonings and spices and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken will start to fall apart.
- Remove chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks and put it back with the veggies (this will soak up all the moisture released during cooking).
- Add cheese or other toppings when serving with tacos or tortillas.
- Always use parchment paper when making the circles and make sure to flip over the paper before putting the cheese down.
- If you don’t have the taco holder or you are a newbie and afraid that you may break the tacos, then, after you remove the shells from the baking sheet place them immediately over the edge of a bowl and they will bend on their own as they cool.
How to Serve this Low Carb Chicken Tacos?
I am serving this cheese taco shells but you can serve it with any low carb tortilla you like or fill the chicken mixture on a piece of lettuce and enjoy it as a wrap.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken
- Keto Chicken Soup Instant Pot
- Low Carb Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas Casserole with Cream Cheese
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken tacos with cheese shells which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken taco soup crockpot will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.