Keto Chicken and Waffles – These low carb chicken and waffles are crispy from the outside and tender on the inside. This keto chicken waffle with delicious low carb syrup contains only 4-5 grams of net carbs that you can enjoy on your breakfast.
What Type of Chicken To Use?
You can pretty much use any chicken piece, from boneless to bone-in, but here I am using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders.
Quick note: If you are using other chicken pieces then you may need to adjust the overall cooking time.
Ingredients to make the crispy fried chicken
- Boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take three shallow bowls, place the almond flour in the first one and beaten egg into the other.
- In the third bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces in almond flour, then dip into the egg mixture, and then coat in the seasoning mixture.
- Place the chicken pieces to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through or until chicken is cooked through and crispy on the outside.
How to Make Waffles if You Don’t Have the Waffle Maker?
Yes, you heard it right! You can make waffles without waffle maker, we will be using a grill pan, here’s how to make them:
- 1 batch of waffle batter
- Heat the grill pan on medium heat and let it get really hot.
- Brush the pan with butter and then spoon the batter and spread in evenly into a circle (or whatever shape you like)
- Reduce heat to low to avoid burning on the outside and cook until it forms bubbles on the top and the edges look dry
- Flip the waffle using a spatula and press down (with the back of your spatula) so that your waffle stick to the ridges in the pan
- Cook for a few minutes or until done, transfer to a wire rack.
What To Serve with This Keto Chicken and Waffles?
Serve the waffles with the fried chicken tenders and top with your favorite sugar-free maple syrup (like this one) or some mustard. You can also make this a keto chicken and bacon waffles if you add slices of bacon and sandwich with another waffle.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Tacos
- Low Carb Chicken Soup Instant Pot
- Low Carb Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Keto Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this low carb chicken and waffles which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for keto friendly chicken and waffles will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.