Chicken Tikka Tacos – These authentic chicken tikka masala tacos are packed with flavorful chicken pieces with the perfect combination of Indo-Mexican street food tacos made in less than 20 minutes.
Tikka Chicken Tacos – Tips
- Marinate the chicken for longer for a more intense flavor.
- Use a food processor to make quick work of chopping the onion and garlic.
- Adjust the spice level of the sauce to your preference.
- Toast the tortillas for extra flavor and texture.
- Leftover chicken tikka masala can be easily repurposed for these tacos!
Chicken Tikka Masala Tacos – Variations
- Tandoori Chicken Tacos – Marinate the chicken in tandoori masala for an authentic Indian twist.
- Tikka Masala Quesadillas – Swap the tortillas for large flour tortillas and fill with chicken and sauce for a fun fusion.
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos – Use shrimp instead of chicken and adjust the spices for a seafood twist.
How to Serve This Best Tikka Chicken Tacos?
- Chicken tikka masala tacos are perfect for a fun and flavorful weeknight dinner, weekend party appetizer, or even a delicious game-day snack.
- Serve them alongside other Indian-inspired dishes like raita, basmati rice, or naan bread for a complete meal.
- Don’t forget the drinks! Pair your tacos with mango lassi, a refreshing Indian yogurt drink, or a cold beer.
Chicken Tikka Tacos – FAQs
Can I use chicken breast instead of thighs?
Yes, you can! Chicken breast cooks faster, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Is there a vegetarian option?
Absolutely! Use paneer cubes, tofu, or chickpeas instead of chicken for a meat-free twist.
How can I make this dish gluten-free?
Use corn tortillas and ensure all other ingredients are gluten-free certified.
What are some other topping ideas?
Get creative! Try chopped cucumber, shredded lettuce, crumbled queso fresco, or even a dollop of mango chutney.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (cayenne powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or butter), divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tandoori powder
- 4-5 corn tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, tandoori masala, lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste, paprika, chili powder, and ghee.
- Mix well until well coated with chicken. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken in the preheated oven at 160F (70°C). Closely watch the chicken as they will dry out soon.
- Line a baking sheet with foil top it with a well-oiled cooling rack and boil the chicken for about 4 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining ghee.
- Turn the chicken, brush the other side with ghee, and cook until you get some charring for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet over medium heat for about a minute until warm through.
- Fill the tacos with the cooked chicken mixture, top with your favorite vegetables, and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves with a squeeze of a lemon on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 308Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 105mgSodium 612mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 37g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.