Keto Chicken Fajitas – These easy low carb chicken fajitas is a great one-pan meal for busy weeknights ready in just 30 minutes that consists of tender juicy chicken pieces and full of Mexican flavors served over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps.
Can I Make These Keto Chicken Fajitas Bowl Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can meal prep these healthy low carb chicken fajitas ahead of time. Prepare the recipe and store them into lunch containers along with cauliflower rice and reheat any time of the week you are ready to eat.
Few tips for Meal Prep
- Slice the vegetables – bell peppers, onions, etc ahead of time.
- Season the chicken and let it marinate for overnight in the fridge
Can You Store These Keto Friendly Chicken Fajitas?
Make them as instructed below, let it completely cool, divide into airtight containers and store in the fridge for 4-7 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
What are the Garnishing Options?
I love to garnish with fresh lime juice and fresh coriander leaves. You can also add sour cream, cherry tomatoes, avocados slices, guacamole or freshly grated cheese.
How To Serve Thes Keto Diet Chicken Fajitas?
I love to serve them with low carb tortillas, lettuce wraps, over some cauliflower rice, coconut wraps or over a bed of mixed leafy greens
How To Make Keto Baked Chicken Fajitas?
For the skillet version, check the recipe card below
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a bowl, add the olive oil along with all the spices. Combine until well mixed.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the bowl and mix all together until well coated with seasonings.
- Lightly grease the sheet pan and pour the mixture, spread out into a single layer. (make it batches or divide into two sheet pans)
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan, stir then put it back to the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the internal temperature should read 165 with a meat thermometer when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Remove from oven, garnish with chopped coriander and lime juice.
- Serve with low carb tortillas or cauliflower rice.
These easy keto low carb chicken fajitas is a great one-pan meal for busy weeknights ready in just 30 minutes that consists of tender juicy chicken pieces and full of Mexican flavors served over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1.5 pound chicken, boneless, skinless, sliced thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Keto-friendly tortillas , optional
- Lettuce wraps, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil, once hot, add bell peppers and onion, saute for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove them to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and the chicken pieces, saute for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the spices and chicken broth, stir, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the sauteed bell peppers and onions to the skillet and simmer for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh lime and coriander leaves and serve immediately over cauliflower rice or low carb tortillas.
Still Hungry! Try these other low carb keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Kung Pao Chicken
- Creamy Low Carb Chicken Marsala
- Keto Chicken Curry Instant Pot
- Keto White Chicken Chili Instant Pot
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this easy keto skillet chicken fajitas which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for the high protein low carb chicken fajitas will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.