Keto BBQ Chicken – This low carb barbecue chicken is juicy and so flavorful that your entire family will love it on those weeknights. It takes only 40 minutes with just 3g of net carbs.
Keto BBQ Chicken – Important Tips
Change taste – Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of mustard and feel the kick. Mustard is perfect for bbq recipe like this.
Spicy – For a spicy, add 1 chipotle chili pepper, finely diced to your BBQ Sauce. Or, add sliced serrano peppers during the last few minutes of cooking. For a smokier flavor, add a teaspoon of smoked paprika and 2 teaspoons of liquid smoke to your BBQ sauce.
Make perfect keto sticky bbq chicken – Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your chicken to adjust the overall cooking time and doneness.
Chicken – You can use tenderloins to get the perfect tender and juicy chicken. Otherwise use chicken wings, chicken breasts, and bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. If cooking breasts with thighs, check on the cooking time as breasts get overcooked before thighs are done.
Oil – Use avocado or olive oil. Avoid canola oil as it is not that healthy.
What to serve with this keto bbq chicken thighs?
You can pair this low carb bbq chicken with cauliflower egg salad, grilled or roasted broccoli, fresh salad served with thousand island dressing or keto coleslaw.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2lbs chicken breasts or thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low carb ketchup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon molasses ( or swerve brown sugar)
- 2.5 tablespoons sweetener
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper, or to taste
- Make the sauce - Heat a pan with oil. Add the onion and sauté onions until just tender. Add paprika, pepper flakes, ketchup, ground cumin, sweetener, molasses, apple cider vinegar and salt.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for few minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely and set aside (or store in the fridge).
- For the chicken - Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat with oil on all sides.
- Take a baking tray with paper-lined foil. Lightly grease with nonstick spray and place the chicken (skin side down).
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove chicken from the oven.
- Turn up the temperature of the oven to 425 degrees.
- Take a brush and baste the chicken with bbq sauce on all the sides until nicely coated. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, baste the top with barbecue sauce, and cook for another 6 to 7 more minutes.
- Remove and baste again for the final time and cook for 6 to 7 more minutes. Check the temp. with a meat thermometer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 94mgSodium 367mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 32g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Fingers
- Low Carb Creamy Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
- Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these keto bbq chicken wings that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb bbq chicken legs will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.