Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole – This low carb Jalapeño popper chicken is creamy and cheesy loaded with chicken, jalapenos, and bacon made in less than 40 minutes, perfect for low carb lunch or dinner.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken – Important Tips
You can make this amazing casserole with turkey bacon and low-fat cream cheese.
Sub diced green chilies or bell pepper or a combination of both for the jalapeño peppers.
Pork skins – They are fluffier than pork rinds, also known as chicharron and they usually weigh about 2 ounces. You can omit them completely and make with just the cheese topping with cooked & crumbled bacon.
Or, sub them with some lime nachos, french’s fried onion rings, garlic pita chips crushed with the butter and cheese.
For the mayo, use plain yogurt instead.
What to serve with this keto chicken and jalapeno popper casserole?
Serve it with roasted Green Beans, roasted spaghetti squash, or mashed cauliflower.
- 6 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Jalapeno Popper Layer
- 1/4 cup jalapeno slices, diced
- 5 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Kraft grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz bag of crushed pork skins (chicharron)
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a 13×9 casserole dish, Place the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and fry the bacon pieces until crispy. Remove and add onions and saute until tender. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add fried crispy bacon, onions, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar, and Parmesan cheese. Combine well.
- Remove the chicken and set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the cheese jalapeno popper mixture evenly all over until each chicken breast is well covered.
- Put in back to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes or until topping starts to brown and bubbly.
- While it's cooking, mix the Parmesan cheese, crushed pork skins, and melted butter all together.
- After 15 minutes, sprinkle the mixture on top of the popper chicken and then broil for a couple of minutes until pork skins are browned. Have a close look to not burn it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 491Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 140mgSodium 816mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 42g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Breaded Chicken
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Casserole Cauliflower
- Keto Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Low Carb Creamy Tuscan Chicken One Pan
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this easy keto chicken jalapeno popper casserole that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb chicken jalapeno popper casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.