Keto Pesto Chicken – This low carb pesto chicken is loaded with flavors and goodness of freshly prepared pesto made in less than 30 minutes perfect on those busy weekends.
Keto Pesto Chicken – Important Tips
Pesto – Prepare fresh homemade pesto sauce or use store-bought, but make sure to check the label for its 100% keto authenticity.
Chicken – Any cut of the chicken will work, I use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or breasts to get more juiciness and flavor. The boneless, skinless chicken will also work.
Tomato – I use cherry tomatoes, and I love them, If you prefer, you can use seeded diced tomatoes.
Parmesan Cheese – Use freshly grated or shredded parmesan. For a dairy-free option, omit the mozzarella.
Can I make this keto pesto chicken casserole ahead of time?
Yes of course! Make an entire batch of the recipe ahead of time and then microwave or reheat in the oven when you are ready to serve.
How to store this keto creamy pesto chicken?
Pack them in air-tight containers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze it, but leave out the tomatoes and cheese, add them during reheating.
How to serve this low carb pesto chicken?
You can serve this is over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash. For veggies, serve with an asparagus recipe or roasted broccoli.
Keto Pesto Chicken (Low Carb Casserole)
This low carb keto pesto chicken is loaded with flavors and goodness of freshly prepared pesto made in less than 30 minutes perfect on those busy weekends.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (pounded to an even thickness)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (or freshly grated)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or sliced tomatoes)
- Fresh basil, optional to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pound the chicken to even thickness with a meat tenderizer. Season with salt and pepper and then nicely coat each chicken breast into the pesto sauce.
- Place the chicken into the baking dish and top with any leftover pesto sauce. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan and mozzarella on the top then with tomatoes.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Pair with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 417Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 120mgSodium 701mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 45g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
- Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Air Fryer Keto Breaded Chicken
- Low Carb Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken pesto parmesan that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb pesto chicken casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.