Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo – This low carb chicken broccoli alfredo is the ultimate comfort food with creamy alfredo sauce and broccoli made under 30 minutes, perfect for a simple weeknight low carb meal.
Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo – Important Tips
Chicken – Use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, as legs will be juicier with high-fat content perfect on your keto.
Save time – Precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken is the best way to save a lot of time, this will also reduce the cooking by 15 minutes.
Spice it up – Add red pepper flakes or fresh jalapenos for a spicy kick.
Thicken the sauce – You can thicken the sauce by simmering for a few minutes with the lid off. Cornstarch or flour is not an option to do that. Or, you can use a combination of heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and cheeses.
Sauce consistency – If it’s too thick, add a bit more heavy whipping cream and if it’s too thin, boil on low heat with the lid off whisk continuously, it will reduce.
Broccoli – This is very important, always drain the broccoli florets after steaming; otherwise retained water in the florets can thin out the sauce.
Veggies – Add veggies like asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans, cauliflower, mushrooms.
What to serve with this keto chicken broccoli alfredo bake?
This low carb chicken broccoli alfredo casserole bake is itself a complete meal. You can always pair up with caesar salad, roasted green beans, or mashed cauliflower, or over cauliflower rice.
- 2.5 lbs chicken breast, boneless skinless, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz steam bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tbsp chicken broth (or white wine)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp basil
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and add to the skillet. Sear fry on both sides and cook on low or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth or white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the good bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Steam the broccoli in boiling water on the stove or microwave as per the package directions.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp butter to the skillet with the minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add softened heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning to the skillet and whisk continuously on medium heat until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce or until reduced and thickened. Continue whisking for a few minutes and the sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Now add the pepper jack and parmesan cheese, continue to stir, or until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
- Drain steamed broccoli completely and make sure that the florets have no retained water.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the sauce and stir to combine well.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, then with basil on top.
- Place the skillet in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese begins to bubble.
- Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 641Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 251mgSodium 751mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 70g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- One Pan Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Casserole Without Broccoli
- Keto BBQ Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Fingers Pork Rinds
- Keto Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Crust Pizza
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these keto chicken alfredo with broccoli that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken alfredo broccoli bake will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.