Keto Sweet And Sour Chicken – This low carb sweet and sour chicken is the classic Chinese dish that can be made in just 15 minutes that consist of tender chicken pieces smothered in sweet-savory sauce.
Is Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Carb?
Traditional sweet n sour chicken (check that recipe here) is very high in carbs, it almost contains 28-30g of carbs and if you eat this then you will ruin your keto diet.
But don’t worry if you are looking for the best keto friendly sweet and sour chicken then this post is for you! Today i will share how you can make low carb sweet and sour chicken with just 3 grams of net carbs.
How to make sugar free sweet and sour sauce?
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sukrin Fiber Syrup
- Sugar-Free tomato sauce
- Tamari sauce
- Garlic powder
- Xanthan gum
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add all the ingredients (see the measurements in the recipe card below) except the xanthan gum and bring to a boil
- Add in the xanthan gum and simmer for a few minutes or until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Remove from the saucepan and serve immediately over chicken.
Today I will be making this recipe on a skillet, but many of you ask me to share the baked version.
How to Make Baked Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken?
- Cook the chicken as instructed in the card below.
- Once cooked and browned, layer the chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour in the sauce and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Done! Serve over cauliflower rice.
How to Make Low Carb Sweet and Sour Chicken in Crockpot?
- Place the chicken in a 2.5-4 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour all over the chicken into the crockpot
- Cook for 3-4 hours or on high for 1.5-2 hours or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in the xanthan gum or guar gum to the chicken and cook for another 25 – 30 minutes or until the sauce reaches the desired thickness.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over cauliflower rice if desired.
- Now check the non-keto version here.
Tips for the Best Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken
- You can use pork rinds or blanched almond flour instead of powdered parmesan cheese.
- Fry the chicken in batches and do not overcrowd the pan or else chicken will not get crispy.
- You can use coconut aminos or liquid aminos if you’re soy-free or use gluten free soy sauce instead of tamari.
What to Serve with this Low Carb Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken?
Simply serve this over cauliflower rice, shirataki rice or broccoli and garnish with green onions.
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Drumsticks
- Low Carb Chicken Piccata
- Keto Chinese Sesame Chicken
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto low carb keto sweet and sour chicken which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb sweet and sour chicken thighs will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.