Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole – This low carb chicken fajita casserole is a quick and healthy meal, full of classic fajitas flavors, and is a great make-ahead meal for your weeknight dinners, paired with fresh green salad, cauliflower rice, or your favorite low carb toppings.
Easy Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole – Notes
- For this recipe, I highly recommend you to use canned diced tomatoes and green chilies by Rotel.
- Taco Seasoning is a must for that classic tex-mex flavor
- I used Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, you can use Mexican cheese blend as well.
- To make this keto creamy chicken fajita casserole, I am using chicken breasts, then cut into thin strips (sliced lengthwise), or you can dice the chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken or turkey. Plus boneless, skinless chicken thighs work perfectly fine.
Can I Make This Keto Chicken Fajita Bake Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! Just assemble the dish, cover it, and place it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can store this for up to 1-2 days. When ready, follow the instructions as given and bake. It may take additional 5-10 minutes, so keep a close eye on the cheese.
Can I Store This Keto Baked Fajita Chicken Casserole?
If you have any leftover low carb chicken fajita casserole. Pack them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat, microwave for a few minutes or until warmed through.
Can I Freeze This Keto Chicken Fajita Bake?
It’s a great meal prep dish, portion them, pack in airtight containers and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
What To Serve With This Keto Chicken Fajita Oven Casserole?
You can serve this with Tostitos chips and salsa or seasoned cauliflower rice or any of your favorite low carb toppings like sour cream, a dollop of sour cream and avocado on top, jalapenos, cilantro.
Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole (Low Carb Bake)
This low carb keto chicken fajita casserole is a quick and healthy meal, full of classic fajitas flavors, and is a great make-ahead meal for your weeknight dinners, paired with fresh green salad, cauliflower rice, or your favorite low carb toppings.
- 3 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup canned Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking tray, place the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 20 - 25 minutes until no longer pink. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken or turkey.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and let it completely cool.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, onion, and Rotel canned tomatoes. Saute until vegetables are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks or thinly slice them lengthwise, and then add it to the vegetable bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp. of taco seasoning and mix it together.
- Now add half of the shredded cheese and the heavy cream to the bowl. Mix until combined. Add the remaining taco seasoning and stir everything until well combined.
- Arrange the chicken mixture into a casserole dish (13.25″x8.5″), top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 - 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 60mgSodium 151mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 13g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Garlic Chicken
- Grilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Keto Coconut Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this easy keto chicken fajita casserole which I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb keto chicken fajita bake casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.