Keto Chicken Taquitos – These low carb chicken taquitos are made with leftover shredded or rotisserie chicken, lots of cheese, rolled in a low carb tortilla, and fried until crispy.
Keto Chicken Taquitos – Notes
Chicken – This is a great meal prep dish, use any leftover chicken or pre-cooked store-bought/homemade rotisserie chicken, make them in batches, and use them whenever you need chicken to make delicious meals.
Tortilla – I am using Mission Carb Balance Tortillas, available on Amazon. They taste like regular tortillas and are soft with only 6 grams net carbs. For gluten-free, try Julian Bakery keto tortillas which contain only 1 gram of net carbs.
Oil – My go-to option is avocado oil, you can use lard, coconut oil, tallow and duck fat.
Air fryer – Make these keto cheese chicken taquitos in the air fryer, Preheating the air fryer to 400°F, place the taquitos in the air fryer basket for about 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Check occasionally to ensure they do not burn.
Filling – For the filling, sub spinach with tomatoes & green onions, they will still be perfect & yummy.
Cheese – Use any type of cheese you prefer. I prefer mozzarella because of its mild flavor. Cheddar, provolone, or pepper jack will also work just fine.
Store – You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Gently warm them before serving. The chicken mixture will be good for up to 3-4 days.
How to serve this keto cream cheese chicken taquitos?
I like to top these low carb chicken taquitos with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. Other low-carb toppings are lime juice, pickled jalapenos, and cilantro. Top with more cheese and broil until the cheese is melted or pop them in the microwave. Also, add enchilada sauce over the keto taquitos.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups spinach, chopped (or green onions or tomatoes)
- 3 cups shredded chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- avocado oil for frying (or olive oil)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil, enough to fry and it should cover half of a wrapped taquito.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add shredded chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, spinach, sour cream, and salsa. Mix until well combined.
- In a tortilla, add about 1/2 cup filling and roll the tortilla. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- Add 2-3 taquitos at a time and fry for 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper-lined towel.
- Top with sour cream, pickled jalapenos, salsa, or guacamole.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Taquitos
Amount Per Serving Calories 412Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 99mgSodium 451mgCarbohydrates 18gNet Carbohydrates 5.2gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 30g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Fajita Soup
- Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Casserole No Crust
- Keto Cheesy Green Chili Chicken
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup Crockpot
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy these keto chicken taquitos that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for low carb cheese chicken taquitos will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.