Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup – This low carb chicken enchilada soup is a great weeknight dinner recipe that is warming, comforting and hearty made in the Instant Pot or the slow cooker.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup – Notes
- I am using fresh jalapenos, but you can also use canned diced jalapenos instead.
- I always recommend boneless skinless chicken because it cooks very easily and is very easy to shred. It is perfect for any instant pot or slow cooker recipes.
- You can use Rotel or canned tomato or even diced tomatoes instead of fresh if that’s the only option you have.
- Try to make the homemade taco seasoning, if buy online, make sure to check the labels. I recommend this one.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups tomatoes, pureed (canned or diced also works well)
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 5 cups chicken broth
- Add chicken, jalapeños, butter, tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning, and salt in the bottom of an Instant Pot or slow cooker (whichever you prefer). Then pour in the chicken broth over top.
- If you are using Instant Pot - Seal the lid and make sure the vent is on the seal. Press the Soup Function for 20 minutes and then let it naturally release the pressure for 15 minutes.
- If you are using a slow cooker - Place the lid on and set it on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- After it is done, remove the chicken to a plate plus 1 cup of the hot broth to a mixing bowl. Add sour cream to the broth and whisk well, then whisk this back into the pot.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken, put it back into the pot. Add seasonings as per your taste.
- Serve hot with cheese and top it with chopped or sliced avocados.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cup per serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 176mgSodium 1279mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 29g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Taco Soup
- Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Keto Chicken Fried Rice With Cauliflower
- Low Carb Keto Stuffed Chicken Breast
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this best low carb chicken enchilada soup which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for chicken enchilada soup on keto will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.