Keto Chicken Fajita Soup – This low carb chicken fajita soup is a hearty, creamy and delicious meal made in the crockpot, instant pot or stove top, perfect lunch or dinner for your entire family.
Keto Chicken Fajita Soup – Important Tips
Stock – Chicken broth and chicken stock will both work just fine.
Cheese – Use any of your favorite cheese like shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack.
Tomatoes – Use fire roasted canned tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes with green chilis.
Meal Prep – Prepare this best keto chicken fajita soup as instructed and store the garnishes and soup in different containers. When ready to eat, heat the soup, add the garnishes and enjoy.
Store – Pack this low carb cheesy chicken fajita soup in an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, pop into the microwave or on the stovetop for a few minutes until warmed through.
How to serve this easy keto chicken fajita soup?
You can garnish this low carb soup with shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, sliced avocado, and lime with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- 1.5 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1(14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes, drained (fire-roasted)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 2 tbsp of Fajita seasoning (or homemade)
- Turn on the instant pot to saute mode. Add ghee, once hot, add peppers, onion, and garlic. Stir cook for 1-2 minutes
- Turn off the saute feature. Add the chicken breasts (whole), chicken broth, drained canned tomatoes, and fajita seasoning to the pot. Secure the lid, turn to seal, and set the time for 5 minutes on high pressure.
- Do a quick pressure release. Open the lid, shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Stir in the cream cheese and lime juice, stir until well incorporated into the soup.
- Turn on the saute mode if the cheese is not melting well.
- Serve immediately with a lime slice, sliced avocado, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- Dump everything into the pot (6qt Crockpot) except cream cheese and lime juice.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked, remove chicken, shred and put it back to the Crockpot. Stir in cream cheese and lime juice and let cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ghee, once hot, add garlic, onion, and peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in chicken broth, canned tomatoes, seasoning, and cream cheese in the pot, whisk until well incorporated.
- Add in shredded chicken and give it a good stir and let it cook until the cream cheese has completely melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 452Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 150mgSodium 805mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 43g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Low Carb Cheesy Green Chili Chicken
- Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Cheese Bake Cauliflower Casserole
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this best keto chicken fajita soup slow cooker that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken fajita soup instant pot will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.