Keto Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – This low carb chicken pot pie casserole is a super comforting and healthy dish, loaded with chicken and veggies, smothered in a creamy gravy, topped with light and fluffy almond flour biscuits.
Keto Chicken Pot Pie Casserole – Important Tips
Cheese – For the mascarpone cheese, use cream cheese.
Veggies – I am using carrots and peas, which have very minimal impact on the net carbs, omit them if you’d like. Use frozen or freshly cut green beans. You can also use mushrooms.
Chicken – Use baked chicken breast, roasted, poached, rotisserie chicken, or even grilled to save on cooking time.
Spices – Add sage, poultry seasoning, or onion powder for more flavors.
Almond Biscuits – We will be topping the pot pie with almond biscuit batter. Here’s how to quickly make homemade almond biscuits.
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1½ Cups almond flour
- ½ Cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, (Cheddar or Colby)
- 4 Tablespoons Grass-Fed Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, melted butter, sour cream, and mix until combined. Add the cheese and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture bowl and mix well.
- Our almond biscuit batter mix is ready.
Can I make this low carb chicken pot pie casserole ahead of time?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead meal, prepare the chicken mixture and store it in the fridge to save time, when ready to bake, prepare the biscuit dough while preheating your oven, and bake.
You can also store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for a few days or freeze.
- ⅔ cup mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ⅔ cup cut green beans, frozen
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 batch of Almond Biscuits Mix (see the recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and olive oil.
- Add in the celery, carrots, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Add chicken stock and mascarpone. Once melted, add cubed cooked chicken and green beans and continue to cook for 5 more minute
- Meanwhile prepare a batch of almond flour biscuit dough (see above).
- Stir in Xanthan Gum to the sauce and keep stirring until thickened. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ baking casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the chicken mixture. Take the almond biscuit batter and spread or dollop over the top of the casserole (8-10 dollop)
- Place the casserole dish into the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden from the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 124mgSodium 384mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 26g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Green Chili Chicken
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup Instant Pot
- Keto Chicken Cauliflower Cheese Bake
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Bake
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto chicken pot pie casserole no crust that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb chicken pot pie casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.