Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup – This low carb buffalo chicken soup recipe made in the instant pot or slow cooker is super flavorful and delicious, loaded with cheese, shredded chicken, and spicy buffalo sauce with just 5g of carbs per serving.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup – Important Tips
When using cream cheese and low carb ranch dressing, make sure they are at room temperature so they will mix smoothly and do not curdle into the soup.
Add chopped white onion, green onion, some avocado, and chopped cilantro on top.
Hot Sauce – There are plenty of hot sauces available in the market, but my favorite is the Frank’s Red Hot buffalo sauce, it gives a nice kick, not over spicy.
Spice it up – Add a few red pepper flakes for an extra kick
To make it more filling and hearty by adding more veggies, add a bag of steamed riced cauliflower.
For more fat content, add a splash of heavy whipping cream.
Can I make this low carb buffalo chicken soup ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great make-ahead soup, make it and store in the fridge for up to 5-6 days in a sealed air-tight container. When ready to serve, give it a good stir and pop into the microwave for 30-second intervals or until warm through.
To Freeze – You can easily freeze this for up to 3 months, since it contains dairy, it may break, but when you reheat, it will come back together and perfect to eat.
What to serve with this keto buffalo chicken soup?
Serve it with a green salad or roasted veggies. Add chives and shredded yellow and white cheddar cheese to the top! Also, garnish with crumbled blue cheese on top.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped (green and orange)
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (32 ounces) carton chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low carb ranch dressing, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce
Instant Pot Instructions
- Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add butter and sauté the bell pepper, celery, and garlic.
- Add the chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and chicken broth.
- Secure the lid, seal the pressure valve, and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- Allow natural pressure release for about 5-10 minutes, then remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, shred the chicken by using two forks, set aside.
- Add ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar to the pot. Whisk for a few minutes or until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the soup.
- Top with cheese, chopped green onions, extra buffalo sauce, or heavy whipping cream if desired.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place the chicken breast, spices, garlic, bell pepper, celery, and chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred.
- Add the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, and shredded cheddar. Mix well until smooth. Add the shredded chicken back to the soup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 1/2 Cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 147mgSodium 866mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4.5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 44g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Chicken Cauliflower Casserole
- Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Bake
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- Low Carb BBQ Chicken With Homemade Sauce
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto buffalo chicken soup slow cooker that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb buffalo chicken soup instant pot will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.