Keto Green Chili Chicken – This low carb green chili chicken is a great crowd pleasing dish that is rich, creamy, and cheesy made in one pan with just 4g of carbs.
Keto Green Chili Chicken – Notes
Milk – Use unsweetened almond or coconut milk, or regular milk, but it will increase the carb content. For nut allergens, use chicken broth and add in more heavy cream, the sauce will be creamy and flavorful.
Heavy cream – This is a must to make this keto green chili chicken casserole more creamy and flavorful, you can use half and half instead.
Green Chiles – There are two green chilies available in the market, hot or mild. If you are making this for your kids, then purchase the mild green chilies, they are not spicy at all.
Can I meal prep this keto green chili chicken?
Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and freeze it for later. To save on cooking time, cook and shred the chicken, and set it aside. Make the cream sauce separately and store it in the fridge for up to 6-7 days. When ready to make this dish, dump everything and this recipe will be ready in 15 minutes.
Can I store this low carb green chile chicken casserole?
Pack the leftover in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. When ready to eat, pop in the microwave and heat in 30-second intervals until warmed through.
What to serve with this keto green chili cream cheese chicken?
Add sliced olives and avocado. Serve with cauliflower rice, or a salad with ranch, cheddar, bacon, and avocado.
- 5 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened (or regular low carb milk)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4 ounces) can green chilis (mild or spicy, undrained)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add butter, once melted, add garlic and jalapeno, sauté for 30-40 seconds.
- Add almond milk, cream cheese, heavy cream, green chilis, onion powder, chili powder, cumin powder, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Whisk well until smooth and cheese has melted.
- Add in shredded chicken and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar. Reduce heat to low, cover with the lid and simmer for about 10 minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, sliced jalapeno, or avocado.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 143mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 36g
All Chicken Recipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although allchickenrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Low Carb Cheese Bake Cauliflower Casserole
- Keto Cheesy Chicken Bake
- Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this keto green chili chicken that I make weekly. All the chicken lovers who are looking for a low carb green chili chicken casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe, then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms.