Keto chicken and dumplings – This low carb chicken and dumplings is the ultimate comfort food with full of old fashioned flavors that is gluten free with just 4g of net carbs perfect for a great low carb dinner.
Can You Meal Prep this Simple Keto Chicken and Dumplings?
Yes, you can meal prep this low carb chicken and dumplings. The only thing you have to do is keep the dough separate because if you store the dumplings along with the soup it will become messy. Just chop all the ingredients ahead and dump in all the ingredients on the go. Heat the soup, throw the dough and cook for a few minutes before serving.
Can we Freeze this Low Carb Southern Chicken and Dumplings?
Yes definitely you can freeze this gluten-free chicken and dumplings but as mentioned above, freeze the dough separately from the soup.
When ready to serve, heat the soup, add in the frozen dumplings and cook for a few minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Always try different veggies or as desired, this will give you extra comfort.
- You can also substitute homemade chicken broth for the store-bought broth or Better Than Bouillon.
- Make it spicier – Toss in jalapenos, serrano peppers, poblano peppers, habanero peppers, etc. and feel the heat.
- Make it more creamy – add more heavy whipping cream, sour cream, greek yogurt or cream cheese if you prefer it creamier.
- Make it even low in carbs – Try to add more green colored veggies instead of colored ones like carrots, onions or cauliflower.
Helpful Tools Required
- Double Boiler or Glass Bowl – Melt cheese on the stove with the boiler or use a glass bowl to do the same on your microwave.
- Parchment paper – For the rolling process of fathead dough.
- Dutch Oven – To cook veggies.
- Cutting Board – To shred chicken, use a plate instead.
How to Make Keto Low Carb Chicken and Dumplings
Still Hungry! Try these other keto chicken recipes:
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- Low Carb Pineapple Chicken
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this low cal low carb chicken and dumplings which I make on a weekly basis. All the chicken lovers who are looking for the keto chicken and dumplings coconut flour will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on Tumblr, Pinterest, facebook, twitter, and Instagram.